would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV added without my consent

9 REPLIES 9
christographer
Participant

Hi,

My recent bill was higher than usual, and noticed that a TV package was added by yourselves, without my consent, could you let me know why that happened please? I've never had Talktalk TV and do not even have a set top box.

Also, I called to sort it out and got it removed, but the charge was still taken from my bank account. You can't just add packages/upgrade and take money without a customers permission.

christographer
Participant
It's fine, managed to get the truth from a customer.

We have to "opt-out" from having TV added? Surely if you're adding TV packages to Broadband/Phone only customers, then you should send them a set top box automatically, no? I find this tactic ridiculous.

My contract ends in a couple of months and I won't be renewing. Very poor and annoying methods of practice.
Community Team

Hi

TV is included with all our packages as standard, even to those customers that do now want to use a TV box.  This is to allow them to have access to the TV store to purchase or rent movies online.

A recent change has introduced a TV charge for the TalkTalk TV services and customers have been advised via email and letter over the past month.

Thanks

Karl. 

Labrat
Problem Solver

I also objected to this as TalkTalk TV has nothing to interest me at all. I received an email to say that my account had been amended, yet the charge is still showing to appear on my next invoice. 

christographer
Participant

I've had a Broadband and Telephone only package since 2017, and there was no mention that it included TV as standard, are you saying that included TV too?

Community Team

Hi Labrat

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

christographer
Participant
Community Team

Hi christographer

your package does have a TV component but it is only showing as TV Store only - meaning you have access to rent and purchase movies via the online TV store.  As such, no TV charge has been applied to your account as you have no additional TV services.

Thanks

Karl. 

christographer
Participant

Excuse me, I was charged an extra £4 if you see my latest bill, I had to call and cancel it.

Thanks

Chris

Labrat
Problem Solver

I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to reply with a post, because the reply button was active. I find this forum unbelievably difficult to navigate because you are continually being diverted to irrelevant Help files. I needed to resort to using the search facilty to find an answer to my question and suddenly found myself at this thread, where I couldn't find the button to open a new topic (I can't see one at the moment). In any case, in most forums I visit you can actually be admonished for starting a new thread on a subject which already exists.