cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Automatic Compensation for Loss of Broadband

PreGP
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

My Full Fibre 500 service went down on 27th January 2023. I reported it to Talktalk on 28th January and the service was eventually restored (alter multiple frustrating webchat with advisors) on 17th February 2023. I have been patiently waiting since then for the "automatic compensation" and nothing has appeared. I have continued to be charged for each month including for the time I had no service and in addition had to spend £30 extra on a vodafone unlimited data sim card for the time I had no service. Perhaps someone could chase this up for me. The Ofcom website says compensation at £8.40 per day of lost service should be paid and should be received within 30 days of the service being restored. Talktalk joined the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme on 1 April 2019, but so far don't seem to be complying with the standards they signed up to.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

@Chippy2  To save confusion with the original poster can you start a new topic and we can investigate this for you. 

0 Likes

Chippy2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

I had lost my broadband over 30 days ago and had no internet all weekend but I was due a credit but no refund has been given has yet has I’m unhappy 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@PreGP, PMs need to be turned around as soon as possible as the link usually has a very short shelf life.

I'll re-escalate this for you. 

Arne won't be back on here before Tuesday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

I've just returned after being out of the UK for three weeks and tried to respond to your private message to me but the link doesn't seem to work now. Can you send me another PM? Still not received any compensation for he loss of service in January/February.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @PreGP 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

You will always be billed as normal, @PreGP, and it is important to keep up with the regular Direct Debit payments. 

Automatic compensation is generous pro rata per day precisely because of the inconvenience and extra expenses that you incur when coping with no service. It's calculated after the resolution of the fault.

It does seem long overdue, so staff can look into this for you on their return. This is likely to be after the Bank Holiday weekend. 

Talktalk's information on automatic compensation:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes