cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Being Charged for a Free Call Boost Package

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 40 of 40

Help please.

Been with TT many, many years. Current contract Fibre 65 @ £29.95 (18 month contract) expires 20th March (tomorrow) so looked at deals/offers available to me last week. An offer of £26 p/m that was emailed to me had gone. Went for £29 (18 month contract) including free unlimited uk call boost which is what I was getting anyway with my current package.

Today I receive my upcoming bill due on 24th March and it's £43.30!!!! Looks like you're charging me £14.42 for the (supposed) free unlimited uk call boost package. What is going on? I've only renewed with you as directed via your offers and deals.

Need this sorting. Not happy.

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 40

So why did the offer on screen at that time refer to the UK Calls Boost as included in the deal? I checked the new contract last week in My Account as advised because I had no email and it showed as £0 for the boost in the new deal at a total of £29. Today it's showing as £16 + £29.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 40

Bear in mind that you have a 14 day cooling off period. As you are clearly unhappy I would strongly suggest that you contact the customer loyalty team and state as much, otherwise you have right to cancel and move elsewhere. They will likely be prepared to discuss an improved deal. Call 0345 172 0088 after 9:00am and choose "thinking of leaving us" when prompted.  

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 40

You're missing the point. The contracted price relates to your broadband service alone. 

0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 40

I never received an email. The Account showed the ongoing packages - current and future - that I'd opted for. My old contract had UK Call Boost added. My current one has UK Call Boost added. My renewal stated it included any add-ons I had as a total price. Now it's gone 'live' I'm being asked to pay an additional £16 p/m on top of what I was offered. Am I missing the point here or have I been mis-sold?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 40

OK, I thought you meant you had a copy of the offer you say included a free Calls Boost. That doesn't I'm afraid. 

0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 40

Cheers ferguson. Have tried to attach it to this post but if it doesn't work, the cut & paste nub of it is this:-

TalkTalk Fibre 65 - Contract Information

1. Description of service: This plan has fibre broadband as well as a landline to make phone calls (includes
free TalkTalk to TalkTalk calls).
A TalkTalk Wi-Fi router is included.
2. Price: Below shows the breakdown of your TalkTalk Package.
Fibre 65 Base plan £29
Additional Items £0.00
Total (Including any add-ons) £29
Add-on product prices, i.e., Unlimited UK Calls or SuperSafe Online Security, are not itemised as part
of this Contract Information but are included in the total. If you have selected any add-ons, please
check your order confirmation email or My Account for more detail.
The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase in April each year by the rate of inflation (the
Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year) plus 3.7%. For example, using the average CPI
value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by no more than
£2.67.

Also, can't prove what I saw but before I finally clicked the renew button on this contract, I carefully read the package on offer to me and the summary details specifically showed UK Anytime Calls Boost as included. Weirdly enough it also said in smaller print that an inflation rate increase would not be applicable to this contract until April 2024, but that's another thread altogether methinks.

Here's hoping I get some satisfactory resolution and thanks again for members inputs to try and help me. Much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 40

Just copy and paste the relevant details in a reply here, excluding any personal information.

0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 40

Hello Divsec and thanks for the suggestion. I just tried to do this and although I consider myself to be internet literate, there didn't appear to be an option to attach the pdf to a message. Normally it's a paperclip symbol or suchlike, but I tried various toolbar options and nothing seemed to work. So atm I haven't been able to send it to him directly. I would like to though to prove I'm not going mad.

It's not been a great day for me on this so far methinks.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

Hi @Choke could you sent to @Arne-TalkTalk by personal message copies of the pdf you downloaded at the time of starting the new contract?

1. It probably has personal info so best to stick to p. M. 
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 40

Sorry...no it doesn't. I don't know how else to explain this. The documents I received (copy and pasted directly) stated -

"Fibre 65 Base plan £29
Additional Items £0.00
Total (Including any add-ons) £29"

Only now from today when you look at My Account does it state that my add-on is set at £16 and my total package has jumped to £45. This is not what I agreed to a week ago.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 40

Your discount ended at the end of your contract when you renewed.  You will notice in the contract documents you received and agreed too,  that it states extra's = £16 , and gives you a total price $45. 

0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 32 of 40

Not offered anymore? Since last week or now? It was there in the offer deal as 'included'. No email received. I picked the deal as offered, downloaded the relevant pdfs it suggested I do, and the supposed new price of £29 deal showed on My Account, so it was obviously acknowledged by your system as being 'picked'. Didn't expect an email (which I never apparently received from you) and I personally don't see that as my fault either. Your system took it as selected at that time.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 40

Im sorry you are unhappy,  Did you get a confirmation email?  

We don't offer any promotions where the boost is included free anymore, we did when you last renewed in 2021,  this is no longer available  the biggest discount we offer is half price. 

0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 34 of 40

But it was included when I picked it. I'm not lying when I say that the package I picked a week ago had UK Call Boost included in the price. Yesterday, on My Account it showed as £29 p/m all in, including the boost. Now suddenly today when the renewed contract has kicked in, the boost is showing as £16 extra. My downloaded pdf at the time I selected the deal shows my total contract price as £29 p/m.

Been with you since you took over AOL in 2006. Looks like I'm off now then. Not at all happy.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 40

HI Choke

The calls boost is no longer free, when you renew you renew Broadband/Line rental. Boosts are not included because  they can be added and removed each month, currently your boost is full price (£16) .

I would suggest contacting the loyalty team again( 03451720088 ) to see what discounts can be applied for this boost.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 40

@Choke, if your bill was made up before you renewed, this month's cannot be changed.

However, there's also a possibility that the renewal didn't get processed properly. 

Did you receive a confirmation email and new contract details on renewal?

If not, it's not been processed.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 40

Hi @Choke that's good news, I'm sure it will work out OK.

D

0 Likes

Choke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 40

Yeah. Understand what you're saying Divsec and thanks for your input. Point being that I did take a new one a week ago so surely this should have just rolled on with the free package included @ £29 p/m. Hopefully a resolution to my issue tomorrow then.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 40

Hi @Choke that's probably because you would be out of contract unless you took a new one. Most of the TT charges are in advance.

Regardless your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow 

0 Likes