cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Bill

Richard117
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I'm disappointed that talktalk have cancelled my regular payment and then charged me £12.50 for not paying on time. Great!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

HI Richard117

At this time recurring card payments are unavailable, i can see that you have made a one off payment, thank you. 

You are out of contract by a couple of years so are paying full price,  call the loyalty team on 03451720088 they will be able to see what options are available to reduce your price per month.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@fr8ys, I don't think it's the Shell Migration situation....on rereading, you may well be right!

@Richard117, could you confirm whether you have been migrated from Shell, or is this just the ongoing recurring card payment that you have been using for paying Talktalk?

Not sure that the £12.50 is waived if you don't pay attention to an email notification, but it is another case of Talktalk's systems not functioning properly....so they may be more understanding about the situation. Fingers crossed. 

If it's the Shell situation, you definitely won't be charged £12.50, but you still have to make a one-off payment. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Did you receive an email notifying you about this, @Richard117?

1000004557.jpg

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/waystopay

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, as it's not to do with how your Broadband service functions. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

You won't be charged the £12.50.

An unfortunate set of circumstances meant your account was transferred before the direct debit was fully in place. Because if this it triggered the email you received.

You also won't be charged twice, so if you can pay by an alternative means, this would be the way forward until next month when your DD should be taken correctly.

There is a pinned note at the top of the forum from a staff support member giving a bit of clarity.

Hope this goes some way to putting your mind at rest.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes