cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Calls Boost Ending before FTTP contract.

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 81

I agreed to an FTTP upgrade (18 month’s duration) on the 26th November 2021 which also included a calls boosts package. There was then a delay in the FTTP installation which appears to have created an imbalance between the end dates of the two elements. As a consequence I’m concerned about call boost charges being applied for this interim period.

I’m seeking to synchronise both elements with TT or an alternative provider. Therefore, can you please confirm;

1) Call boosts can be removed via ‘My Account’.

2) The earliest point where I can end the FTTP portion of my TT contract without incurring costs?

Thank You.

0 Likes
80 REPLIES 80

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 81

The telephone works when connected to the original BT socket. It doesn’t work when plugged into the router. 

0 Likes

Message 42 of 81

Hi benny55,

Just to confirm, is the telephone service still not working?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 81

Once again thank you for our assistance.

The engineer fixed the ONT to the wall using double-sided tape, it didn't adhere very well to the paper background. If you could arrange to have it located properly.

I'll check later on the status of the phone service.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 81

Hello,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, is there not a bracket/clip that the ONT sits in on the wall? Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit for you to re-attach this? Just to advise that My Account can take a little while to update to reflect this change. In regards to the voice service, could you try the phone at the router again later this evening and if there is still no change then we can investigate this further for you.

Thanks

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 81

@benny55 wrote:

HI Michelle, thank you for your reply.

My BB  did disconnect briefly, perhaps when the ONT  fell off the wall. 

The  phone is connected to the old BT socket as connecting to the Hub results in no dial tone. 

Incidentally 'My Account' details have not been updates to reflect the revised contract.

benny55_1-1687264477934.jpeg

Edit; Image orientation changed.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 81

0 Likes

Message 47 of 81

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would it be possible to post a photo of the ONT. Does the broadband connection still work at the moment? Is the phone still connected to the voice port on the wifi hub 2 at the moment please?

Thanks

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 81

My misgivings regarding the proposed solution was well founded.

Today nothing has changed save the fact that the replacement ONT has fallen off the wall and is now supported by the cables. (I have a slight concern as this is in an area where my small grandchildren have regular access).

I called the FF team, 0345172074, that took almost 1 hour and they were most unhelpful.

They had no knowledge of my contract update to Fibre 65 + VOIP (26th May) insisting that my present deal dates back to Dec 2021 and comprises Fibre 65 data only, plus land line.

When pressed as to why TT would have supplied a new Hub 2 router and arranged for an OR visit the reply was; ‘it’s all part of the OR migration from copper to fibre’. At that point I just gave up.

Why is there such a disconnect between departments within TT??

I now deeply regret not sticking with my original plan to transfer to Vodafone.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 81

So the OR engineer arrived this morning and was somewhat surprised to discover that I already had FTTP installed.

I explained the only change to my service was an upgrade to Digital Voice. On his device he showed me the scheduled activities for my address; the installation of fibre service. And in the task below that was an option for ‘phone services’, this was greyed out. He said they often encounter communication issue with TT regarding scope of works.

He plugged in my phone to the router and that showed; ‘Check Phone Line’. Following a call to his boss they decided to replace the ONT, don’t know how that will help.

He left saying the Phone line may become active in a couple of hours or possibly overnight.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 81

After an initial start-up failure, followed by a Router 'reset' it's now stable. I'll see how it behaves over the weekend.

Incidentally the router version is SG4K100158.

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 81

Thanks for that. 

I should have some time tomorrow to make the comparisons and check the F/W version’s.

Message 54 of 81

OK, that is odd, because they are very much the same device save for the VoIP port. And when I switched to the Hub 2 it was a seamless transition. Are you able to compare the various router settings side by side to see if you can spot any discrepancy? What are the respective firmware versions?

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 81

Yes. However the Fast5364 works flawlessly with the laptop whereas the Fast5464 displays all these issues. I expected them to be pretty similar except for the VOIP functionality. 

0 Likes

Message 56 of 81

OK, but the router is connecting without issue to every other device? 

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 81

If only. 

0 Likes

Message 58 of 81

It may be that you need to change your laptop settings to play nice with the new Hub? 

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 81

Well I’ve had the Hub 2 router delivered so I decided to connect it up in advance of the upgrade (next Monday).

While the connections to our phones, tablets, door bell and TV appear to function as expected (no obvious glitches) I’m have problems with the Wi-Fi connection to my Laptop. It’s constantly dropping connections.

Occasionally it fine but then it becomes very erratic; exhibiting some strange behaviour. Sometimes I get ‘no Internet Access’ or ‘not connected No connections available’ or ‘the default gateway is not available’ or ‘an error occurred during a connection to site xxxxx’. Then when I manage to establish a Wi-Fi connection I encounter ‘Having trouble finding site’ or ‘can’t reach this page’ or ‘the connection has timed out – the server is taking too long to respond’.

I’ve tried switching all the devices off/on but to no avail.

Now the odd thing is when I switch back to the old router all these issues disappear.

Wondering if the Hub 2 has got some different settings that are not compatible with my Laptop?

0 Likes