cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Calls Boost Ending before FTTP contract.

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 81

I agreed to an FTTP upgrade (18 month’s duration) on the 26th November 2021 which also included a calls boosts package. There was then a delay in the FTTP installation which appears to have created an imbalance between the end dates of the two elements. As a consequence I’m concerned about call boost charges being applied for this interim period.

I’m seeking to synchronise both elements with TT or an alternative provider. Therefore, can you please confirm;

1) Call boosts can be removed via ‘My Account’.

2) The earliest point where I can end the FTTP portion of my TT contract without incurring costs?

Thank You.

0 Likes
80 REPLIES 80

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 81

@ferguson wrote:

Which you should be able to do once the switch has taken place. Plus you will also receive incoming calls on up to 5 mobiles registered with the app, pretty cool! Let us know how it goes. And of course, any issues, you know where we are.  🙂

As always, thanks for your input. 

The scheduled changeover date is June 19th, fingers crossed.

Having been a TT customer for 18 years I was reluctant to leave, it was just the renewal price proposal that prompted my search for a new ISP. 

Message 62 of 81

Which you should be able to do once the switch has taken place. Plus you will also receive incoming calls on up to 5 mobiles registered with the app, pretty cool! Let us know how it goes. And of course, any issues, you know where we are.  🙂

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 81

@ferguson wrote:

In which case all should be fine. The Openreach engineer will presumably only be required to switch you from the copper line to a VoIP circuit. 

My principal interest in the Digital Voice App is to utilise our mobile handsets for most of our land line use.

0 Likes

Message 64 of 81

In which case all should be fine. The Openreach engineer will presumably only be required to switch you from the copper line to a VoIP circuit. 

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 81

Thanks for the reply.

My current router is the Fast 5364 (No Phone socket). They are supplying a VOIP compatible unit, presumably the Hub 2 5464.

0 Likes

Message 66 of 81

It should be "yes" to both, but you will need to connect your landline handset via other than the old phone socket. Which make/model of router do you currently have? 

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

let me check but it should be available for the length of the contract, im sure it can be added for 18 months minimum. 

**Edit** 24 months is available speak to loyalty again.

An update.

Well, when the date (next week) had been established for the transfer to my new provider I was contacted by someone within the ‘retentions’ dept. I explained this avenue had already been explored and all options exhausted. I was then transferred to another colleague who appeared determined to match my new provider in an effort to retain my A/C.

The bottom line is, if what was promised materialises, I will be remaining with TT albeit with a variation on my current package of Fibre 65 (FTTP) + Phone (PSTN) to Fibre 65 + Digital Voice.

I’ve now had to cancel my City Fibre installation for next week and agree an Openreach appointment later in the month for my service update.

A couple of questions;

1) Will the legacy Phone line remain in place?

2) Is the Digital Voice App compatible with my Fibre65 installation?

0 Likes

Message 68 of 81

let me check but it should be available for the length of the contract, im sure it can be added for 18 months minimum. 

**Edit** 24 months is available speak to loyalty again.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 69 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

We dont offer the calls boost free anymore but there is an option of half price.

That was mentioned but only for a period of three months. And considering it’s a 24 month contract has limited impact overall.

0 Likes

Message 70 of 81

We dont offer the calls boost free anymore but there is an option of half price.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

That does seem very high, its sometimes better to try again and speak to a different retentions agent im sure they can do better.

When I pressed your colleague on the pricing she insisted that the present edict was ‘No phone package concessions’ which meant she had no scope to improve the offer.

0 Likes

Message 72 of 81

That does seem very high, its sometimes better to try again and speak to a different retentions agent im sure they can do better.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 73 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Thanks for the update, Sorry that you have decided to leave us. 

Yes, after all this time is disappointing to have to leave.

It’s just the renewal offers are so poor. When I last renewed, less than 18 months ago, it cost £24 P/M for Fibre65/telephone package. Now the best your colleague could offer for the same service is £53.90. I appreciate we’re going through a period of high inflation but an increase of 125%!!!

I have no choice but to switch to a new supplier where the cost is about half that proposed by TT.

Thanks for all your help over the years.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 74 of 81

Thanks for the update, Sorry that you have decided to leave us. 

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 75 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi @benny55

You have 2 calls boosts, International max and unlimited calls boost, which one are you trying to remove, or is it both?  

Your contract ends in 1 month 28 days , you can cancel within the last 30 days with no cancellation fees, call our loyalty team on  03451720088. 

Regards

Arne,

Thanks for your assistance for what is likely to be the last time after my telephone conversation with one of your colleagues.

The good news, she removed the boosts in question and the bad news, couldn’t make an offer to match a number of your competitors at present.

So after 17 years as a customer I’m off to pastures new.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 76 of 81

Hi @benny55

You have 2 calls boosts, International max and unlimited calls boost, which one are you trying to remove, or is it both?  

Your contract ends in 1 month 28 days , you can cancel within the last 30 days with no cancellation fees, call our loyalty team on  03451720088. 

Regards

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 77 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi @benny55 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

Arne.

Thanks for the offer of assistance, I have responded to your PM.

Thank You.

0 Likes

Message 78 of 81

Hi @benny55 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 79 of 81

Just tried to update ‘My Account’ and this was the outcome;

We are currently experiencing technical issues with My Account.

We are working hard to fix the problem and the service will be available again soon.

Please note: If you are accessing this service on a tablet or mobile device, then you may need to turn it off and
back on again in order to fix this problem.

In the mean time you can consult our Online Help or follow our Twitter feed @TalkTalk where any updates on
the status of systems will be posted.

Also, giving that charges are applied in advance, I would like to know the total cancellation costs if I switch ISP now.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 80 of 81

You should be able to remove call boosts yourself in My Account. 

If you have problems, ring up or use Chat to get the boost removed, @benny55.

You need to be within the final month of a contract to avoid early termination fees. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.