cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cannot create an account

CharlotteLV
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I've had a contract with TalkTalk for almost 2 years now and have never been able to create an account. When I try to create one with the email address my bills are sent to, I get to the password creation stage and receive this message:

CharlotteLV_0-1703084615113.png

I've tried calling customer service before and tried resolving it through the online chat - I was told it would be passed onto the tech team and it seems it never was. 

I'm at the point where I either need to cancel my contract or move onto another one, so any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

@CharlotteLV this usually means the details we have for you are wrong (usually DOB), so i have sent you a PM to confirm some details , don't post them on the open thread. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@theid, please follow up on your own thread. Staff will only reply to the original poster of the thread.

You'll see that Talktalk continues to be aware of the issue you refer to:

20231224_183326.jpg

Chat continues to offer support daily throughout the festive period:

20231222_210119.jpg

Automatic compensation doesn't apply to the email service. Use the forum search engine for details of the cases in which it would be applicable. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

theid
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Well this is one way to find out that nothing will happen to resolve issues until at least the 27th!!!!!

This is the problem I posted on the Community forum on the 19th:  

Talktalk should by now be aware that there is a problem through www.istheservicedown.co.uk/status/talktalk       I am perfectly able to receive e-mails to one of my addresses through Thunderbird but the other e-mail address is accessed through the talktalk website and attempts to access are registered as "Password Incorrect".    This is the second time this has happened and has absolutely nothing to do with my system and everything to do with the talktalk website which was working as normal until yesterday afternoon (18th December).        I am not alone, apparently.  

Spam e-mails have been pouring in for the past few days so presumably there is some service work going on to deal with this issue.  How much longer will it take I wonder?     

I had one response on the forum and one e-mail to confirm they were aware of the problem.        Now even logging onto the Community forum is difficult.        When will the automatic compensation kick in I wonder?

theid
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@CharlotteLV, hopefully staff will reply next week - there's a lull over the Christmas period, till the 27th.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes