Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get incorrect billing reversed

BryanM
Chat Champion
Message 13 of 13

Hi

Can anyone advise – I have been billed £38.54 for my 15/06 thru 14/07 service - see edited pdf of account balance.  This amount is incorrect (confirmed by TT).  When I have asked for a credit note/cancellation of this billing I am informed by TT advisors (twice) that this billing ‘does not exist’ yet it remains on my account with the advice that a D/D will be made next week.  I really do not want to have to go into all this again to have the D/D reversed.  What can I do?

Thanks for any help

BryanM

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi BryanM

It just unfortunate timing between the bill being produced and the renewal.

You will get the overcharge back in the next bill. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 2 of 13

@BryanM As @Arne-TalkTalk has already said, the normal process would be that any amendments necessary to refund overpayments should be made on your next monthly bill.

0 Likes

BryanM
Chat Champion
Message 3 of 13

Hi Arne – thanks for your interest & response.  Afraid that I still do not understand.

Simply, situation is:

2/6 Negotiated contract renewal at £27.00 per month reduced to £22.00 for first 3 months.  New contract to start on June 15th.

16.06 Received bill for period 15th June – 14th July for £38.50.  Contacted TT requesting cancellation of this bill and re-billing or credit note for £16.50.  Explained that I did not want D/D for £38.50 to go through as billing was incorrect.  I was assured (on two separate occasions) that no credit necessary as bill for £38.50 ‘did not exist’ and no D/D for £38.50 would be made (I have transcripts showing this). 

22/06 D/D for £38.50 made by TT.

I am here  now chasing for my credit of £16.50 – not on my TT statement as yet.  Exactly the situation I did not want as it wastes both my time & yours.

2 questions arise – 1.) Why was I assured on 16.06 that the D/D for £38.50 would not be made, why was the situation not sorted when I contacted TT on 16/06 (twice) & 2.) When will credit for £16.50 be posted to my TT account.

Thanks

BryanM

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi @BryanM

This bill is actually correct as your discounts ended on the day your bill was produced (16th) as we charge in advance and the contract was only renewed the day after on the 17th this bill cannot be amended once its produced, However there will be a credit showing on your next bill to reflect the new package plan that you have agreed to . 

Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 5 of 13

@BryanM 

With no staff here until Monday 21st and the DD date of 23rd, you have no chance of stopping the DD being taken in that timeframe.

Past replies from OCEs indicated that DDs start to be processed around 3 working days ahead of the collection dates.

Cancelling or reversing the DD could result in extra fees and a never ending saga of trying to get your account balanced correctly.

If you have the funds available, just bite the bullet and pay it then get the credit added, hopefully by an OCE without a call centre fight.

Message 6 of 13
Hi
Answers to ferguson post:
dd date 23/06
I started requesting credit note on 16/06 (day after billing). TT agents just stated credit unnecessary as bill 'does not exist' (?????)
Yes, I have checked transaction history.
Thanks for your comments
Cheers
BryanM
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

When is the DD date? If a credit is made a couple of days or so before then it may be in time, otherwise it will be available for refund, or used to defray your next bill. Have you checked the Transaction history? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13
Thanks for all your useful comments, guys. All I want is a credit posted before they take the D/D so that I don’t have to fight for a refund after the event – I have asked twice for an appropriate credit note/adjustment entry.
Cheers
BryanM
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

@BryanM 

Enjoy an appropriate song (title) whilst you wait for an OCE reply, or you could try customer services again, but all they can do is add a credit as we have advised.

This bill is now set in stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlRQjzltaMQ

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

The bill can't be changed, @BryanM, any more than if it had been printed on paper.

It can be sorted by them showing a credit on your account to offset the excess amount. 

Staff will sort this when they reach your thread next week.

It's best not to post further before getting a response from them, as further posting delays the progress of the thread in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 13
Thanks for your reply Martin - I am sure that your intentions are to be helpful - but cannot you see the absurdity of the situation; I have had 2 TT agents agree that the billing is incorrect (they have stated, in a reasoning that I cannot follow, that the bill 'does not exist') yet I have to pay it and go through the painful rigmarole of contacting TT, explaining yet again, in the hope of obtaining a refund for TT's error. The admin alone will have absorbed 2-3 hours of my time. Why cannot TT simply correct their agreed mistake before they take my money?
Cheers
BryanM
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 13

Pay it.

Once a bill is produced it cannot be amended.

Wait for an OCE to reappear on Monday, they can check the bill and if they agree it is incorrect add a credit to your account which can be requested as a refund by BACS or used against your next bill.