cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Change Direct Debit

PaulRR
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I just want to change my direct debit to a different bank account but the system is querying my sort code. The two middle numbers are 00 and it rejects this! No change of name or anything. Why is this happening????

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@AllenToms, please see instructions in my earlier reply to another customer: you must start your own thread. 

Customer support replies daytime, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllenToms
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

I cannot get TT even to accept my new account and sort code which does NOT have 00.

TalkTalk are completely unhelpful when even telephoning on this matter!!!!  

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

It would maybe have been helpful if the OP had come back and given an update on if or how they got the issue resolved, for the benefit of others facing the same problem.

So often on this forum you see people sign up, post a question, then seemingly just vanish off the face of the earth, never to be heard from ever again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

@Gliwmaeden2 thanks, will do.

Message 5 of 9

@londondad, start your own thread so that there is no confusion between customers. This topic is old and not in the workflow. 

Return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi, I'm getting the same issue - trying to change my direct debit to a new bank account where the sort code has 00 as the middle two digits.  It seems the form validation is incorrect as it rejects this, but if I change it to 01 or any other two numbers it would allow me to submit.  Please could you get this form fixed, and in the meantime can you tell me how I can change my direct debit now (is there a number I call?)

Thanks.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Some forms do/don't work with the dashes in a sort code, so it might be that rather than the 00 if it's the middle?

So some forms might accept 12-00-34, while others are set up for 120034, @PaulRR?

0 Likes