cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged an admin fee for late card payment. Card details are all correct

Johnmcneill
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Card details are all correct. I received an email about change of company collecting the card payment. Payment went through as normal in July, but when I checked August payment had not been taken I made a manual card payment as soon as I noticed. I have now been charged £12:50 for this error. I feel this error is TalkTalk fault. They failed to collect the payment. They changed the company taking the payments. Not me. I should not have to pay this fee. I have never missed a payment in the past.

It appears that TalkTalk want everyone to change to direct debit.

I may have to change to direct debit it they cannot take card payments correctly.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Yes, they seem to send out generic emails which don't even accurately reflect the situation. 

The July and August limbo for recurring payments by card seamlessly turned into much longer without further alert to it being more months. 

It is very poor communication from Talktalk. 

Wait for staff to clarify whether you have to pay the late payment charge.... it may be that they waive it under these muddled circumstances. 

Assume that recurring card payments won't work until further notice, @Johnmcneill.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Johnmcneill
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi, The email I received stated , the recurring card payments may not be taken in July and August. The July payment was taken as normal, so I waited until the August payment had not gone through and paided manually. I also received an email stating I had removed recurring card payments from my account. I had not. When I checked my account the card payments were still in place.

It appears TalkTalk are unsure of what’s going on with there own systems.

I am not happy.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The recurring card payments won't be working for a few months, @Johnmcneill.

You must make one-off payments or set up DD.

You will have had a notification about this:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/waystopay

1000004827.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes