cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged for phone calls I never made

gr1986
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hello, 

Yesterday I received my June bill which states that I need to pay 71.04 for phone calls I never made. I do not own a working landline phone, I have never used my landline number to make any calls and most of all I was not even in the UK for part of the period when these calls were made (which I can easily prove). The live chat agent told me to email the fraud service but I am not entirely sure this is the best course of action (it seems to be a Talk Talk problem rather than an external fraud). I do not seem to be the first person who had this problem so any advice on how to fix this quickly (the payment will be taken in 4 days) would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 19

Hi @MarkRobbins 

Posting across multiple threads not only delays our reply, but is also in violation of Community Guidelines and is seen as spamming.

If you continue to break Community Guidelines, I will issue a ban from the Community.

If you have an ongoing issue you need to discuss, please keep within your own thread and one of the team will assist.

Thank you 

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 19

@MarkRobbins unlike other forums this is a help forum for customers who have issues to get them resolved by staff and other customers.

Your post is not one of offering help the the original poster of this thread but trying to elicit help for yourself. This is not helpful to the original poster and delays responses to them and to other customers so the forum rule is each customer starts their own thread for their own issue, unless TalkTalk staff instruct otherwise.

Please therefore stick to your own thread unless you can offer a solution, which in this instance you can't as you have not received a solution yourself as yet.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 3 of 19

Dear Gilwmaedon2, are you a member of TalkTalk staff? The aim of this forum is that members can help each other and that we can all work together. This is especially important when there are generic issues and problems shared by more than one customer. Therefore it is EXTREMELY HELPFUL for users to post on other folks threads. This is how the community can communicate from member to member and act in a concerted manner when many of us are suffering from similar problems. I am sure that you agree. MPR

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

You should stick to posting on your own thread, @MarkRobbins.

It's really NOT HELPFUL to post on other people's and muddy the waters.

Staff only reply to the OP.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

When I did that, I received no response from 17070. What should I do now? MPR

0 Likes

MarkRobbins
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

This has happened to me. Were the phone calls to your mobile perhaps (and flagged up as T-Mobile)? MPR

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

The actual bill on the front screen does not get updated, you can see the actual amount in the transaction history

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi, the bill is still showing the extra charges and payment is due to be taken from direct debit on Friday - will you be able to remove the charges before then?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

The engineer wont need to go to your house its an issue at the exchange.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

many thanks! will you call me to arrange the engineer visit? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi @gr1986

There is a fault showing so we will need to send an engineer to the exchange, 

I will sort out the call charges aswell. 

Message 12 of 19

thanks, that is much appreciated. I have been trying to retrieve a spare phone but no luck so far. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19
0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

@gr1986,

If you dial your own number, does someone else answer it?

Then at least there will be evidence of the muddle. 

You may have that person's number, so worth asking what it is and putting that in Private Notes, at the end of Personal Information in your profile area. 

SAVE CHANGES and don't put the information in the public thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

I am not sure to be honest. I guess there is no way this can be done via my mobile phone?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Is there anyway you can borrow a phone, we need to know the crossed number.

0 Likes

gr1986
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi Arne, 

thanks for this. I do not own a handset, is there any other way this can be fixed?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi gr1986

It sounds like a crossed line, would it be possible to connect a handset to the master socket and dial 17070 and take note of the number that is read back to you. 

0 Likes