cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged without service / no free month / no OFCom compensation

b_msv
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

on Wednesday 12th April the engineer came to my house to make a new installation. He had to leave without having the system working as there was some issue that he could not fix by himself(something related about wrong rerouting/sasa).

Next day I contacted customer support to see if there was an ETA for the fix, and they told it would be *another* 2-3 days, when they initially told me it would take 48h top. The customer support rep offered me a free month discount, which I really appreciated although would have preferred having my internet working as I had waiting more than one month for it.
Eventually, an engineer came on Saturday 15th and they finally fixed it(this time the Openreach went the last mile to get it done)

Ok, the thing is now that I have seen my next bill and you are pretending to charge for the days I got not service and for instance, there is no automatic ofcom compensation applied which I presume I am entitled as you failed to start the service for the starting date.
If you are not going to give that free month I was promised, the very least would be to apply that compensation or the most decent one, not charging for the days I never had service, which you should be aware of.
This has been a really bad first experience.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi b_msv

A credit has been applied to your latest bill for the free month 

Auto compensation can take upto 30 days after the fault is fixed to be applied, however the fault was fixed with the required 72 hours so you may not be eligible in this instance.

Regards

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @b_msv 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes