cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Do I stay or Do I go ?

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

I have been a TT (in one form or another) customer for 21 years

It is time to consider my future internet connection - my latest two years expires on 11 May

Do I stay or Do I go - as Joe Strummer asked

This depends on what TT plan to charge for the next 2 years

I have been paying a reasonable £25 inc calls

Similar will keep me - much more - goodbye......

What is the future going to cost me ?

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 22

@aolmum 

The reason was possibly that I gave them two options

1. A similar rate to that that I have been paying for 2 years (£25 for Fibre 65 with calls package included)

2. I leave them after 21 years - to the opposition (local FTTP - 150Mbps for £23.50 with calls package from £3.50)

They chose the former..

Message 2 of 22

@Weevie 

Hope you don't mind me asking.

About to attempt to negotiate my own potential 'renewal', and wondered if you would mind clarifying.....given Arnie has said elsewhere in forum that from 3/9/2022 Talk Talk are no longer offering ANY  promotions whereby a free uk unlimited calls boost is included,  can you break down your new Fibre 65 @ £25 pm including calls for me to understand better how it was arrived at?

I can see you originally said £27 including calls, then mention a £2 call credit (being given as a one of £36), so £25, however, given that Arnie has said UK call boost is currently £16 as standard, does the £36 one off credit mean calls will be costing you £14 and if so, are you only being charged £11 pm for the Fibre 65 (which seems exceptionally low)?

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 22

Theyre even crediting me for a "no longer available" discount !

EXCELLENT

This means £25 per month - for a 65Mbps line and calls - fixed for 18 months

It is 18 month contract, however, there was additional £2.00 discount you had for Unlimited UK Calls Boost which is not available anymore, we can put £36.00 one off credit on your online account to cover overcharge  next 18 months. 

The reason why we would put £36.00 credit is because Unlimited UK calls boost is no longer available at the discounted price.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 22

Cool, thanks for letting us know.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

@Arne-TalkTalk

@ferguson

£27 fixed for 2 years (no annual rises) for a 65Mbps connection with calls package

That's acceptable to me 

Message 7 of 22

I understand, but when you include the CEO it will be classed a complaint. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

@Arne-TalkTalk 

It's not a complaint - as such - more a query

but yes I will let the forum know how I get on

I have already received a reply from CEO

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22
0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Call packages are from £3.50 - with callsafe

https://jurassic-fibre.com/home-broadband/

https://jurassic-fibre.com/home-broadband/home-phone/

I would prefer to stay with TT - But not at ANY price

Jurassic FibreJurassic Fibre

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

There are some remarkable deals to be had if you have a new provider operating in your area and that looks to be pretty good. Does it include calls? Bear that in mind if it is important to you.

And btw it's "Should I Stay or Should I Go." 😉

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Since I got nowhere with LIVECHAT (the person that I chatted to - believed that I was already on FTTP) I have emailed concerns@talktalkplc.com and have copied in TT CEO - To see what they come up with.......Does TT not have a support email address ?

I have the option of leaving TT (After 21 years) and moving to my local ISP's FTTP connection for £22.50 per month (150Mbps) plus home phone from £3.50 per month. This is a guaranteed connection speed and FIXED price for 2 years !!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Weevie

We are no longer permitted to do renewals via the community Sorry.

Your out of contract price right now will be around £45 there is also a price increase on the way, so the best option would be to contact the loyalty team on 03451720088 or Live chat they will be able to see what options are available

Regards

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 22

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258

I would wait for Arne to pick this up before you do anything further. 

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 22

What will I pay - if I do nothing ?

ie) What is TT's normal price now ?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 22

They don't seem to be authorised to do this any more, @Weevie.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

@Gliwmaeden2 

Arne somehow managed to get me a good deal, 2 years ago - I was hoping for something similar again ???

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

You'll need to use Chat or call 03451 720088 to see if it can be beaten, @Weevie.

Contract renewals can't be processed via the forum. You need to be within the last 90 days, which you are, so there would be no admin fee.

For cancellations, confirm it via phone.

You need to be within the last 30 days to avoid early termination fees. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 19 of 22

Hi

If you are near the end of the contract, you can speak with loyalty to see what offers are on the Table however if you decide not to take an offer, then you do need to give 30 days notice for a cancellation and there would be an early termination fee, so when I say near the time, I meant with around 30 days left to end of contract 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

You say "nearer the day" - surely 6 weeks is close enough ?

I can get a 450Mb/s FTTP connection for £25 - with calls at an extra £3.50 - can this be matched or beaten ?

No installation charges - and fixed for 2 years

0 Likes