cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Compensation Query & Openreach return

Claire782
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Good morning

Firstly, many thanks for the email regarding the compensation giving £57.25. I would like to know how you arrive at the figure as I was told by your ref Jona that I would receive compensation at £5.25 a day from when I should have gone live (23rd December) until when I actually went live on 11th February. which is 49 days, 49 x 5.25 = £257.25.

Therefore why have you given £200 less than what is stated on your website (see below).

DELAYS WITH THE START OF YOUR SERVICE

It’s our aim to ensure that your services go live on the date we gave you in your welcome pack. However, we can only activate your services once our engineers have completed all their work at the exchange. Sometimes this takes a little longer than expected. We’ll give you £5.25  compensation if we miss the go-live date and then£5.25for each full calendar day that your service is delayed.

EXAMPLE

If your service was due to go live on the 15th of the month but due to delays caused by TalkTalk your service didn’t go live until the 20th, you’d receive£5.25 because we missed the original go-live date and£21.00 for the four full calendar days your service was not activated. In total you would be entitled to£26.25 automatic compensation credit on your account within 30 days of your service starting.

Remember if you’re no longer able to keep an appointment, you must notify us before 12 noon on the day before your engineer is due to arrive. You won’t be eligible for compensation if you miss an appointment.

This table shows an example of how automatic compensation is calculated for a fault.15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th
YesYesYesYesYesNow Active
Original go-live date2nd day of delay3rd day of delay4th day of delay5th day of delayService goes live

Secondly, I have been in touch with Dominique on 2nd March about the fact that when Openreach came back to replace the cables they damaged on installation, that they advised that someone else would be back to fill over the cables and hole they left when they dug them up again, as they didn't have any cement. (photos sent to you)They have not been back. I have contacted Openreach and they say it has to be arranged through you and you say to contact them.

My contract is with you, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure the job is completed to a standard expected. We have cables showing and also cables that are above the ground down the side of our bedding. These should be under the ground and it is not our responsibility to mess with these. We do not want them to get damaged and need it sorting out with some urgency.

I have a case reference with openreach - C58705319, if you can liaise with them to get this job finished.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Claire782

Auto compensation does not cover delays in upgrades as you had a working service while you were waiting for the FTTP service to activate. 

Sorry

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks about the 2nd thread

Message 3 of 9

I sent it to concerns@talktalkplc.com originally to get a reply back saying use community, phone or online chat! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Email won't work as it is a No Reply address, @Claire782.

I have made sure that the second thread is back in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

It was an upgrade 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

HI Claire782

Did you have no service between December and February or was this an upgrade? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks, I have filled it in and filled a separate for cables. I tried to email and have online chats with a few but not getting anywhere!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@Claire782, staff need you to complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Don't post any personal information on the open forum pages. 

Instead, go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. 

Add your name and account number  & SAVE CHANGES. 

Extra information can go in Private Notes, at the end of that section. 

Again, SAVE CHANGES. 

Your thread is in a queue for attention. 

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, so that this aspect can be dealt with there.

It might be better to copy the issue about the cables into a new topic in the FUTURE FIBRE section, or phone that department on 03451 720074.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes