Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal - didn't work

Hagbard1
Visitor
Message 5 of 5

My contract ran out on the 19th September.  On the 17th August I got an email from TalkTalk to let me know this was upcoming, along with a link to extend my contract at a discounted price of £27.50 for 24 months.  I was happy with this, and clicked the link.  Job done, or so I thought.

This month I was billed £37; the out of contract rate.  Upon contacting TalkTalk to query this the response is "oh yes, that happens a lot, those links seldom work" and "we can now offer you a discounted rate of £36 a month for 18 months, but the old offer has expired.

Great.  Thank you.

I'm obviously rather miffed about this.  Can somebody please let me know how I can go about getting a more competitive price for the service, with I am otherwise delighted with?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Hagbard1

As you are a UFO customer you will need to contact the UFO team directly for any new offers ON 03301278938

Sorry cant be more helpful.

0 Likes

Hagbard1
Visitor
Message 2 of 5

Thanks both.  

Yes, I'd definitely appreciate someone looking into this for me @Arne-TalkTalk I've updated my profile with my phone number, hope that helps.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Hagbard1

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

It's absolutely not good enough, @Hagbard1, and frankly deserves a complaint!

For staff to look into what happened here, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

There is a Complaints Code link at the foot of any TT page. 

New offers are always available from the LOYALTY team on 03451 720046, after 9am. 

You may find that you get a better offer if you haggle, especially having been let down so badly. 

Staff on the forum can't sort out the new contract for you, but they can look into the previous mess.

Sorry to hear that you were let down like this and are therefore out of pocket. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.