cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract renwal

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

My contract with TalkTalk ends on the 26 October 2023.

I had a problem renewing the contract and last month was charged £46.99 for fibre 65 with free uk calls.

I made a complaint No: CMP-517607 about this and some other problems I had had this situation. The complaint was eventually resolved with me agreeing to pay £31.98 per month till the end of my contract and continue to pay this amount without me renewing my contract . I was told I could cancel at anytime after October 26 without penalty. I agreed to close my complaint.

I received a letter today 04/10/2023 dated 29/09/2023 Informing me that my contract has been renewed for 18 months at the price if £31.98 per month.

This is not what I agreed to in the telephone conversations, which I hope have been recorded.

Could you please look into this for me as I do not want to cancel my contract in a couple of months time and find I am being charged for breaking the contract.

The most important think is that my contract with TalkTalk is not renewed

Thanks for your help

Regards

jstype

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thanks very much for your help.

I thought that was the caseI did not want to renew my contract as I am not sure what I am going to do in January.

It now means I can just keep using TalkTalk till I decide what to do without having to worry about a penalty.

Thanks again

jstype

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thanks very much for your help.

I thought that was the caseI did not want to renew my contract as I am not sure what I am going to do in January.

It now means I can just keep using TalkTalk till I decide what to do without having to worry about a penalty.

Thanks again

jstype

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi jstype

Your monthly bill is set at £31.98 and end of contract is this month,  the letter is automated and is taken from copper leave behind account where you elected to keep your landline on full fibre service,  The complaint manager will have documented the correct end of contract as 26.10.23

Sorry for any confusion

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your help, I wondered if you had heard anything as yet. There is not rush but I am worried TalkTalk will renew my contract when I do not want it renewed.

Thanks again

jstype

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks very much for your help

Regards

jstype

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi jstype

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes