cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

DD taken by Talk Talk before switch and charged again for a service already paid for.

BMaratt
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I expect I’m not the only one here that’s owed money by Talk Talk and being fobbed off to sort it out my self. Option 1 is here. Option 2 the chat which shuts before I finish work and Option 3 call them, again shuts before I get home from work.  No to calling on a weekend. Im not making another call, the last call I made took 1 hr 39 minutes when my broadband wasn’t working. The repetition of questions, not the staffs fault, Talk Talks.  Interesting that I wasn’t on the Talk Talk  system, didn’t have access to my account either until the details were sent through during the call. 

So Talk Talk took a direct debit on  04 June for £26.99 before the switch over. Then on 09 July a payment of £39.32. Apparently the increase  is from the switch over of my broadband on 13 June but I’ve already paid by direct debit on 04June.   I’ve emailed customer service, who did not answer the question despite me taking the time to provide evidence of the payments.  Ignored really with delaying tactics.  

So, should I be reimbursed for the unauthorised direct debit taken from my account on 04 June prior to the service switch to Talk Talk. Without notification. Who advised I would be switched over after 10  June. As well as not providing me with any means to check my account until I called with an external fault on 15 June. Or should I be  reimbursed for the bill charging me for what I’ve already paid for.  
It doesn’t seem very professional to take money from a future customer’s account, without notification or an explanation. Then charge them again. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

HI BMaratt

Those 2 references are not TalkTalk references

Your account with us didn't go switch until the 13th June so the payment and the 1st June, was shell, your first  direct debit with us is the 1 July, so the 9th of July payment judging by the references where taken by Shell aswell 

I would suggest calling us 03451720088 and asking for the shell migration team they may have access to shells system. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Arne

They refunded me the £16.60 but didn’t confirm if they’re going to put the details of the direct debit they took on 04 June onto my account. I can’t understand why Talk Talk took the direct debit on 04 June, then didn’t have me on the system with the switch from Shell to Talk Talk.  Here’s the payments attached. 

IMG_2285.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi BMaratt

Sorry, DD taken TT before switch?  

That would mean Shell took the payment am i misreading that?  if you have paid twice then a refund will be processed on the next bill.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @BMaratt thanks for that info, should make things a bit easier for the TT staff who can access your account.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Don’t think that would be the case. They advised that the direct debit date would be later. Doesn’t make a difference or shouldn’t as June and July payments were taken by Talk Talk.

£16:60 charge for the 5 days between the monthly payment day, would mean £99 a month for broadband. 😀

I don’t think they should have taken the payment for June until after the switchover as I wasn’t officially a customer.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @BMaratt the gap between the the two payments is greater than a month is it possible that the difference in DD amounts is balancing those extra days?

What was your normal DD date?

Finally did Talktalk or your previous (Shell?) take the June 4 payment?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes