cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

DWP contract issues

sweedneggtar
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi, this may be a little long winded and confusing I apologise in advance.

I am currently on the 6 months fee broadband scheme with the DWP and TalkTalk. I have received a couple of emails informing me, that my 6 months is over and that I need to accept an 18-month contract by 12-07-23 or it will automatically end on 13-07-23.  

A number of things have been difficult and confusing with this matter.

• The original contract was initially 12 months with 6 months free. (Via DWP scheme)
  • A few months into the connection going live, I was upgraded automatically to full fibre (fibre 65) which I believe may of have confused things, as I had no new contract and my account is still listed as 12 months in length Fibre 35 for free.
  • Close towards the end of the 6 months free period, I was told I had to renew or the connection will automatically close.
  • Both Fibre 35 and Fibre 65 renewals were offered in two separate emails.
  • Both required an 18-month contract even though I’m still apparently in a 12 months contract.

Deliberating on what to do as I was confused and needed to work out what steps to take, I hesitated until the day before the final availability, I took the plunge on the Fibre 65 option as it was cheaper than my current deal, and feeling pressured that I was going to lose the family connection that they depend on.

I had some confirmation after clicking the renew button, but nothing via email to confirm as this was official and was going to carry on regardless; my account still says Fiber 35 for 12 months and today I got a letter about sending the router back as I’m not renewing. So, I’m none the wiser to what is going to happen tomorrow on the cutoff date, whether this will all go through or not. Any information; confirmation or guidance on this issue would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

If you need to speak to someone about this today, use phone or Chat, @sweedneggtar.

Scroll down for full contact details on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Staff won't be back on here before the morning. Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes