cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Direct Debit Problems migrating from Shell

AngryCustomer999
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I received an email from Talk Talk saying that my direct debit has failed and that I would be charged £12.50 extra and must pay up immediately. This is Talk Talk's fault because they did not manage the migration from Shell Energy correctly. I had been told to do nothing and it would all be sorted out smoothly. Instead I got an email which really stresses me and I can't even be sure that it is genuine and not a scam. I didn't manage to speak to anyone at Talk Talk because of the time of day/ day of the week. My online message to them was ignored. I have finally managed to speak to someone in a call centre and I hope it has been fixed now but this has taken a lot of time and caused me a lot of stress. How many other people have had this problem? I would like Talk Talk to make a payment to me to compensate me for this. They were quick enough to slap an extra charge on me.

9 REPLIES 9

peterHfisher
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

Here Here !

I've just sent a near identical email/post and see many other in the chat.

They should apologise & compensate as you suggest / demand.

At least you got to speak to someone - I gave up after 30 mins.

Terrible service.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Chat is Live till 9pm on weekdays, @Precisemoon, but you need to work through the initial bot questions to reach an agent in the Shell Migration team. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

You won't be charged the £12.50. Other discrepancies arise from being charged from the switch date as well as for the full month ahead.

Any further support needed via the forum, please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Precisemoon
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

So much for your migration from Shell is successful. It is not hence why i am here I gave up on the phone and gave up on waiting for your AI chat. Happy that as from OCT i can change provider> Was paying £23 when with shell and now you want £32.70 and extra £12.50 for your failure to actually successfully migrate me

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@MisterH1 

If you start your own topic then the support team can advise further. 

0 Likes

MisterH1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Like you, same problem in July and same problem again in August - what’s going on Talk Talk?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Is that the apology?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Glad it helped. Can't wait for my contract to end and leave. Just to be clear, when I spoke to someone at Talk talk, they told me to cancel my direct debit and set up a new one. They also asked me to make a one-off payment for this month. I will have to check my bills and bank statements very carefully. The telephone number I called was 0345 1720088. I can't believe that they expect customers to come on here and provide customer service to each other for no reward.

Sharza
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Same problem! I received the email yesterday. It's all very well that Talk Talk recognises this problem but it would be good customer service if they also emailed an apology as soon as they had found the problem. Not good. The only way I found about this is because I rang my bank (Barclays) and spoke to a most helpful person who found your community post and read it out to me together with the Talk Talk response.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

HI AngryCustomer999

Just to cnfiirm, the shell migration team are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it, you wont get charged the admin fee.

Regards

0 Likes