cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Fibre 150 to Fibre500 upgrade & problems changing Eero 6 to Eero6Pro

RayWelshman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi all, on 31 July after receiving an email from TalkTalk of £30 for fibre 150, I phoned the 0345 number  and was put through to an overseas call centre and spoke to a lady with an Indian accent to discuss my options I told her I was looking elsewhere for a better deal, however I would accept the £30 per Month offer and pay £16 for unlimited phone calls.  I was told I could upgrade to Fibre500 for £35 plus £5 for phone calls. I agreed and was sent an Eero6Pro to replace the Eero6  I received a contract from Salford dated 31 July stating £35 + £5 as agreed.

When the Eero6Pro arrived I removed the Eero6 and replaced it with the Eero6Pro however the new Eero6Pro would not connect and could not be configured with the app on my mobile, as I had now lost my Voip phone I had to call 0345 number on my mobile and told the lady on the overseas call centre I was on a pay as you go mobile, after about 10 mins. getting nowhere I ran out of credit of about £12, I then had to go to a shop to get a voucher for £20 and call the 0345 number again, back to the overseas call centre after 45 mins. and trying several resets etc. TalkTalk managed to configure the Eero6Pro remotely.

When the service went live I went into my account and found another contract for £41.89 + £16 for unlimited phone calls. I have been a loyal customer of TalkTalk since TalkTalk Broadband first started, is this how loyal customers are now treated? also why is there not an 0800 number for people to contact TalkTalk?  the only one I could find was for business customers only.  I'm sorry for the very long rant, but as you can see I'm most unhappy.

Regards Ray.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Arne, thanks for looking into things for me, I'm glad you managed to finally find my post after it had been moved by someone to where it was almost impossible to be seen by anyone, I phoned the 0345 number and as usual it went to the Indian call centre, I went through all the options and chose Billing, it sent a link to my mobile to go on What's app, I don't want to use that at all. I then rang back again, went for the same options, it asked me to type in my mobile number, I just ignored it and waited and was put through to a human.

After explaining the billing issue he had to call back to the UK who put him in a queue, after about 30 Mins. they told him the contract was wrong and the original offer put in place that I agreed to on 31 July would have to be honoured, at that time I was reluctantly thinking about leaving TT after being with TT for 20years, they will be issuing a new contract in due course hopefully, I will wait and see   

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi RayWelshman

I have checked your account and the discounts applied  are wrong resulting in the monthly cost =  £41.98 + £8  The only team that can alter this is the loyalty team (03451720088 ) as the autosign contract documents have to be re-issued as per Ofcom requirements. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Message 3 of 9

So you have messed with my post again somehow, it is back where nobody will see it, it has been in this area for 3 days now nobody at TT has seen it, I don't know who gives you the right to mess with other peoples messages, but can you please mind your own business and leave my private messages alone. I know where I wanted it to be.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Your thread is in the right queue for attention. Please wait for staff to reach it - they will understand why it's been moved here.

Staff in other areas of the forum do not address these aspects and would not sort out the contract price etc, @RayWelshman.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi I don't see why contacting TalkTalk by my mobile at a huge cost to me regarding an issue with my service when 0345 is free over Voip when my service is down BTW I'm an 82 year old pensioner so don't have a large income, anyhow I just need for someone from TalkTalk to reply when they are available, I have been a member of this forum for a long time now so I know how it works with them, none of this is important regarding the cost to phone TT at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

The residual issues are all regarding billing, My Account etc.

The mobile aspect may not be Talktalk's responsibility at all (see Ts&Cs at the foot of the page) but would also be addressed by the billing team.

The Eero aspect appears to have been resolved previously, @RayWelshman.

If you have actual problems with the working of the service, by all means post in those areas of the forum, but anything contractual is addressed here.

0 Likes

RayWelshman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

I don't know why you moved it, there are more issues than just billing, I hope it will all still be seen by other people on this forum, other wise I will have to repost the relevant questions regarding mobile calls etc.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Moving this to the billing section for you, @RayWelshman.

0 Likes