cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancelling within 4 days of activation and my Frustration with Customer Services.

OptoB8965
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I ordered a new Fibre 900 Package with Total Home Wi-Fi included - 18M; the activation date was 18 June 2024.
On 23 June 2024 - I chatted with an online agent to cancel the connection.
I was told someone would call back in 24 hours.
After I chatted - I received a bill. Charges from 18 June 2024 to 24 June 2024 £11.28 and from 25 June 2024 to 24 July 2024 £49, bringing the Total to £60.28

No one in 24 hours, so I finally called back on 24 June 2024.  The agent I spoke to said you must pay the total penalty as a breach of contract! I said, please check your terms and conditions, he put me on hold to speak to a manager and finally said yes, we will cancel without any charge.  I will also receive envelopes to return the 2x Amazon Eero Pro 6.

On 25 June 2024, I got an email saying - you are leaving the contract early. I was concerned and chatted with an agent online. The agent said the contract is till 17 December 2025, but there is a cease request on the account for 24 July 2025 and confirmed there will be no termination fees.

On 02 July 2024, I got an email saying the Direct Debit was unsuccessful, and a bill was overdue; we had added a £12.50 admin fee for the unpaid bill.  I paid the bill manually and chatted online with an agent to be told that this fee is not yet posted to the account; wait till the next bill is generated, and if it is added, we will remove it.

I was also told that if you cancel within 14 days of your order date, you're free to leave without penalty, and you'll only pay for the TalkTalk services you've used during that time.

On 02 August 2024, I received another bill due for £100.62. The entry shows the  Total Home Wi-Fi Commitment Breakage Fee.

Finally, yesterday, I received the return envelopes for the 2 x Eero Pro devices. FYI, I have not even opened any of the Eero Pro, and they are brand new.

Over this whole period, I have received calls from Talk Talk to ask if they can do anything to stop me from cancelling. I have said from the start that I just want to cancel.

My questions are :
I cancelled the service in less than 14 days. Is there no cooling-off period? I only used the service from 18 June 2024 to 24 June 2024 (only four days). Why am I being billed for 25 June 2024 to 24 July 204? That seems like a 30-day notice.
The Total Home Wi-Fi Commitment Breakage Fee is £100.62. What is the breakdown of this charge? The package was cancelled with no termination fees, so why is this charged separately?

Is it so difficult to cancel a new service and be charged £160.28 for four days of usage?

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

@lestay 

I notice you have posted on a couple of old threads now, without really going into any detail. If you start your own topic and explain what your issue is we can begin to try to help. 

0 Likes

lestay
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Totally rubbish service once they have you, banging against a brick wall. Just constant fobbing off.

Sooooooooo frustrating!!!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi OptoB8965

It looks like the cancellation agent forgot to waive the total wifi cancellation fee. 

This has been done now. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Moving this to the billing section of the forum, @OptoB8965.

It will be in a queue for attention from staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.