cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I shouldn't have been charged for replacement router

GammaRay
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Back in April my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub stopped working properly. After a lengthy series of support chats, with application of remote diagnostics, troubleshooting checks and attempted firmware upgrade, a support technician finally agreed the router was defective. He arranged for a new router to be sent to me, and told me I should return the faulty one or else I would be charged for it.

I duly received a replacement router and returned the faulty one. The new router worked fine, and my broadband and wi-fi services were quickly back to normal.

I've just noticed on my May bill I was charged £30.00 plus £9.95 delivery for the new router. (I hadn't checked the bill at the time because I was away for a couple of weeks.) 

I was given no indication I would have to pay for the replacement, and I've always assumed the use of a (serviceable) router provided by TalkTalk is covered within the broadband package and monthly charge.

Surely this is a mistake, and I'm owed a refund?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @RogerD3 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

RogerD3
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

I am in exactly the same situation. During protracted chats with the tech team they agreed that my router was no longer working and that they would send a replacement. They advised me to return the defective router in the enclosed return bag and that I would not be charged. The replacement router arrived and is working fine, but they didn’t enclose a return bag, so I still have the old router but don’t know where to send it. I have also been billed exactly as in GammaRay’s post above. Talk Talk need to send me a new bill with the router and postage removed, and if they send me a return bag I’ll gladly return the defective router.

“chat” line is like wading through treacle! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for arranging the credit.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi @GammaRay

A credit has been raised for the router, you will be able to request a refund via My Account, or leave it to be used against your next bill. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

The charge for the replacement router was absolutely not explained to me, and I am questioning its validity. The only charge mentioned was for failing to return the faulty one. 

Can you access a transcript of the support chat? I was unable to save a transcript on the day.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi GammaRay

Sorry that you are unhappy

I will need to check the full fault ticket, but the notes on the account state that a charge was explained and accepted by you aswell. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I've moved this to the billing section for you, @GammaRay.

Staff reply Monday to Friday, so it may be next week before you get a reply now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes