cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

In a new contract that I didn’t consent to.

KiraN3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have recently tried to close my account, but have been made aware I am in a new contract. I have been informed I did this online, but I most definitely haven’t. I live in a lone adult household and there is no way anyone else could’ve done this. I was so frustrated trying to resolve this issue it reduced me to tears on the phone. I do not have £157 to terminate a contract I never accepted being in. 

After a quick search I can see this has been done to numerous people this needs to be sorted out. I have no confirmation of such contract also.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You think that's bad I asked TalkTalk on fb to send me a bag for the 100th time to return my router for my cancelled contract, 3 minutes after the call I got an email saying I signed up to full fiber for tomorrow. Incredible. 

TalkTalk, once you're in, there is never going to be out.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Did you get a cityfibre installation done recently?
I'm on the same boat and they're saying I 'clicked' to upgrade online.

However after doing the rounds over the phone, one lady from the cancellations team mentioned it was probably automatically renewed because of the installation

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes

KiraN3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

There is no way I have done this. Can I be emailed my account information to see this as I can not see any of that information on my end? 

Message 5 of 8

Hi KiraN3

Im afraid that the contract was renewed via My Account late on the 17th October and went live on the 18th October this was a 24 month contract . Also legal contract information was displayed and accepted, this has to happen before the contract renewal is allowed to progress. 

Really Sorry

0 Likes

KiraN3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Sorry for the duplicate, I wasn’t sure it went through or not due to an email asking me to verify my email before I could post.

Will do that now, thankyou.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@KiraN3, please stick with this thread. I'll remove the duplicate. 

Your post is in the queue for attention. Staff are not here every day. If this is not picked up today, it will be after the weekend. 

Please add your Talktalk landline number  / account number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information.  SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes