cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

CHARGED COMMUNITY ADMIN FEE

Joered1901
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

My contract went to up £33 without my knowledge or consent so I got in touch and was offered the exact same package I have now for £28. But now as well as my £28 I’ve been charged a £30 admin fee???? I was never informed of this fee, if I wanted a lower contract price, why would i ever agree to an extra £30 so you stop ripping me off!!!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Joered1901

A credit has been raised on the 11th , you can request a refund via My Account.

Regards.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Check to see whether there's a credit for the £30.00 in transaction history, @Joered1901.

They sometimes put it on the bill but take it off at the same time  - accounting foibles. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Joered1901, it is not entirely clear whether you had a discounted item like a boost that simply expired, or whether you had reached the end of the contract.

Out of contract, the price will automatically increase as you lose the minimum term discount. But you would have been sent an email to discuss your options, and there should have been no admin fee at that stage.

If simply a free / discounted boost came to an end (they don't always match the length of the Broadband contract), you may have been in contract still, in which case, you would be hit by one of these charges when you changed the whole contract:

20240111_074058.jpg

It's worth keeping an eye on this page generally:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/pricing

Check in the details of previous bills so you can trace what changed.

Everything is detailed in My Account and you can review bills going back many months. 

For staff to check what went on, they need to identify your account, so make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details. Add your Talktalk phone number  / account number in Personal Information. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings....SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes