cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Migrated from Shell

Message 8 of 8

Previous bill from Shell £26.49 22nd July, email from TalkTalk new bill £37.10 due 23rd Aug. I have no extra services. How come the big price rise? No change in billing date. Tried looking at online account, all I get is loading.........

Hopefully someone can explain

7 REPLIES 7

Message 2 of 8

@markmelass, I have copied the above into your reply on your own thread. Please only follow up there:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Problem-accessing-account-after-migrating-from-Shell/td-...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

markmelass
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for all the explainations, I was also confused about my mother's broadband bill, as I am staying with her temporarily, I thought her new contract was 25.99 per month, but it said 28.61 per month taken in advance, and another payment of I think 12 pounds, taking the bill to 40 pounds this month due on the 23rd. I will call the shell energy migration as advised, just to check what is going on, but the bill she received is for Full Fibre 150 which we were told by shell we could not get at this address, and only had Full fibre 100 at her previous address, think it was for 67mpbs broadband with an average speed of 19-45 mbps on the line (phone line/adsl, as openreach have not rolled out FTTP at this address yet). Again, if this needs to be moved, please do so, and accept my apologies.

what did the blind miner say when he fell down a hole? I don't see well....boom boom......
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Billing dates don't coincide with joining / switch dates, @peterwexshell, so there's always more on the first bill to account for the days UP TO the billing date as well as the month ahead. Henceforth it will be just the month ahead.

If you think you already paid Shell for some of these days, speak to the Shell migration team on 03451 720088, in case there was an overlap. 

It won't be possible to change the current bill. Any corrections will be detailed in the NEXT one.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 8

I managed to get the bill eventually, Talktalk using a lot of tracking Pi hole was blocking. 

I still don't understand the price increase, I assume a change in billing date? I hope next months bill will be lower......?

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi peterwexshell

Can you try a different browser or device to view the bill, the increase this month is the pro rata charge from the day the service went live with us , upto the first billing date (£18.30)  you next bill will be the amount of 26.49 as agreed.

Sorry for any confusion.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

There maybe a period when you have been billed since switchover and you will get a correcting credit on your next bill. And My Account has been flaky recently, which doesn't help. The support team here can check and advise for you, but bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.