cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Problem accessing account after migrating from Shell

markmelass
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 12 of 12

think got the same problem as my mother had fibre 35 previously with talk talk, if this reply is not permitted here, please delete or move accordingly, and apologies in advance

what did the blind miner say when he fell down a hole? I don't see well....boom boom......
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi @markmelass

I cant find the old account, and the new account is not registered, 

Can you PM me the old account number please.

Thank you.

*** EDIT  **  found it now , can you register the new account ive removed the old details 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Wait for staff to ask you to send by PM, @markmelass, as it can otherwise get overlooked.

Don't post the screenshot of the account in the thread.

It should be enough to have put your mother's details in Private Notes, and saved information there.

Staff will let you know when they have cleared out the old record. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

thanks, it logs in, but to the old account, which I will screenshot now.

what did the blind miner say when he fell down a hole? I don't see well....boom boom......
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

thanks for your help, if need be, can send a PM, tried to update private notes as best I can.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

thank you anne, will try to sort it

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

@markmelass can you ask your mum to try to register for My Account www.talktalk.co.uk/login/, the bill will explain the extra cost on the 1st bill since switchover from shell.

Message 7 of 12

understood, trying to resolve it, and the details, just proving complicated, also shell said we would only get a maximum of 45mbps and  so the account name is causing confusion, but will maintain silence on here for today, thanks again, will call or live chat.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

@markmelass, have you still got to set up My Account for her?

Please make it clear in your own profile which details need removing. 

In Personal Information, your own account number should show. 

At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add your mother's details and  TALKTALK phone number. SAVE CHANGES. 

The only reason that it's called Fibre150 is that they are giving ex Shell customers the nearest named package that will fit, because they haven't got one named Fibre100 on their systems.

There will be a part month showing this time from the date of the switch to the start of the bill.

You need to check what the £12.00 is for - it may be a discounted Anytime Calls UK boost. You need to check that this has been applied appropriately for a switched customer,  so do speak to the Shell migration team about whether that's correct or whether it should have simply been inclusive in her usual price to match the Shell deal.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

Please only follow up on here, @markmelass.

I have copied over and pasted what you posted elsewhere. It's particularly complicated by the fact that this is your mother's account, NOT your own.

markmelass
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 10 of 12

thanks for all the help @Gliwmaeden2 , think I remember you and debbie from these forums previously. 😁

[Edit by Gliwmaeden2]:

Copied over from other thread:

Thanks for all the explainations, I was also confused about my mother's broadband bill, as I am staying with her temporarily, I thought her new contract was 25.99 per month, but it said 28.61 per month taken in advance, and another payment of I think 12 pounds, taking the bill to 40 pounds this month due on the 23rd. I will call the shell energy migration as advised, just to check what is going on, but the bill she received is for Full Fibre 150 which we were told by shell we could not get at this address, and only had Full fibre 100 at her previous address, think it was for 67mpbs broadband with an average speed of 19-45 mbps on the line (phone line/adsl, as openreach have not rolled out FTTP at this address yet). Again, if this needs to be moved, please do so, and accept my apologies.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

@markmelass, if you were previously with Talktalk, before  Shell, and now back at Talktalk,  yes the old details need to be removed before you can register My Account. 

Staff can do this for you in the next day or two.