cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

NO price rise for TT most vunerable customers

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

We advise our sales/loyalty teams to check for care alarms etc, if it will not run then it wont be sold/upgraded.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

@Arne-TalkTalkSo if a customer has a piece of kit that will NOT run on a fibre connection - what will TT do ?

it could be a piece of medical gear or similar- that cannot be upgraded

Incidentally - according to Openreach - both FTTP and FTTC will run in parallel for the forseable future - so perhaps my fears are not going to come true ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi Weevie

When it becomes available in your area we will offer it to you, but you don't have to take the offer, But eventually everyone's broadband will be moved to FTTP.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

@Weevie, you mean "once FTTP is available  - if I choose to remain on FTTC - can I"?

No, not in the longer term at all, as the last bit of the FTTC is copper, from the cabinet to your house, and that's the infrastructure that will be going. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 27

Does FTTC remain an option AFTER the upgrade to FTTP ?

I mean - once FTTC is available - if I choose to remain on FTTP - Can I ?

If its much cheaper -  it looks like a viable option, because I am more than happy with the speed (70+ Mbps)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Yes, I've clicked through to the document too.

The headline on MSE is not very helpful!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

We cant control what wording MSE put on their website.  They have linked to our policy which again doesn't use the term "most vulnerable".  

Message 8 of 27

@Gliwmaeden2

@ferguson 

@Arne-TalkTalk I agree - confused am I

MSE are clear that TT told them "MOST" vulnerable .

"This information was provided by TalkTalk and is its own wording – we asked exactly which customers are included but it wouldn't tell us."

Why would TT not give MSE the full/ true information ?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

@Arne-TalkTalk, the MSE link does still appear to show this:

Screenshot_20240227-125832_Chrome.jpg

Still using the term "most vulnerable customers".

Message 10 of 27

The published policy on MSE website that you have the link too  does not use the term "most vulnerable" . 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

@Weevie 

Again, as Arne said, TalkTalk do not use the term "most" vulnerable. MSE haven't explained why they chose to use that phrase. In all honesty, I am not sure what you are driving at here?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

@ferguson 

OK according to MSE

"TalkTalk told us it assesses vulnerability on a case-by-case basis, but refused to provide more detail about the criteria it uses or exactly which customers this would apply to. Its published policy (link opens PDF) defines vulnerable customers as those who "may be particularly susceptible to harm or detriment" due to their personal circumstances."

Which forces me to repeat my question "What does MOST vulnerable actually mean to TT ?"

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

@Weevie 

Surely you need to ask MSE where they got their information, not to mention definition, from?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

@Arne-TalkTalkSorry, I was just going by MoneySavingExperts wording

Could you give me the link to where this is confirmed on TT's own website - confirming this policy (No price rises for vulnerable customers) ?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Definition of vulnerable customers is found here TalkTalk Accessibility - TalkTalk Help & Support   

There is no such category as "most vulnerable customers" just "vulnerable "

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

@Weevie 

I specifically said earlier that I could not comment regarding vulnerable customers. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

@ferguson 

I meant "inclusive calls" - which is the same thing as free calls - because I pay £7 for a call boost which covers all calls that I make !

You are saying that Most Vulnerable customers don't get landline charges fixed (No Price Rises) - only fibre/broadband ?

Does this not says otherwise ....

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2024/01/broadband-and-mobile-price-hikes/ (no idea whether the table will appear)

Vulnerable customersVulnerable customers

And could someone please confirm TT's definition of "MOST VULNERABLE CUSTOMERS" rather than just "VULNERABLE CUSTOMERS" ?

Does it mean "only the lucky vulnerable customers" or is there some medical analysis required by TT before classing customers ?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

I thought you said you had free calls? The undiscounted price of UK Unlimited Calls is £16 a month. 

I am not sure what happens in the event of a switch to Full Fibre. If you decide to upgrade yourself then you will be placed on a new contract. If TalkTalk impose the switch as it were then it may be different, I will leave that for Arne. 

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 27

I pay £20 for Fibre 65 and £7 for calls - so from November I will be paying £32 ? (£12 calls) - Even if I am on Full fibre by then ?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Your fixed price plus contract only covers the cost of broadband. You do not have free calls included, that is a separate arrangement. Have a look at My Account, it should tell you on what date the discount expires, probably the same as the contract end date. From that date it will be charged at full price, unless younegotiate a new discount. As I said, the broadband and Boosts are handled quite separately and independently of each other. 

0 Likes