cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New customer transferred from Shell Energy

Chris191
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

As previously a customer of Shell Energy, my account has been automatically switched to Talk Talk (via Octopus Energy)

It was stated that I see no changes to my bill whilst on an existing 24 month contract, expiring 1st August 2024

My first bill from Talk Talk is £4.62 more expensive, including a £2.75 charge for Paper Bills.  These were not previously charged as part of the original contract.

WHY ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

I have had a email off talk Talk explaining why the extra charge just don’t agree with it that’s all  .

Thank you for your reply

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

It's no good posting on this thread, @Dishhassall.

I've told you above how to start your own.

If you want help from staff (and no one else on here can sort this out for you) you must start your own topic and they'll check whether any mistakes were made.

You won't get a reply before Monday now, whereas if you had started the topic when I told you to, this would have been sorted already. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

I have looked at my bill ! Talk Talk explained that they work differently with the way the months work but I don’t think I should be charged more when I’m in a fixed contract where at the start of this I was charged more.

especially when I haven’t chose to switch over 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hey @SC489 it doesn't help you posting on other people's threads, your own issue is being dealt with. 

0 Likes

SC489
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

I discovered TalkTalk have also screwed up Anytime calls which doesn't appear on the online account.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

The "extra" charges have mostly been accounted for because of Talktalk charging from the switch over day up to the date of the bill, as well as the routine month ahead, @Dishhassall.

If you have been overcharged by one or other company or charged twice for the same days covered, they will of course sort it out.

So check the days covered by your bill in the details in My Account. 

If it still doesn't make sense, please return to the billing message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

That's the best way to avoid confusion between accounts and replies.

Staff won't be back on here before Monday. 

Dishhassall
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

I have also been charged extra £11 more doesn’t seem right when you are getting the same service and not your choice to change supplier 

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Chris191

The paper charge has been removed, the first bill can be slightly higher due to pro rata charges from the start of the service to the bill date then the standard advance charge. 

Your account is registered for My Account are you able to log in?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

All Talktalk customers have a paper bill charge if they don't accept online billing, @Chris191, so you need to correct that via My Account. 

Most customers set up My Account this way.

Check whether you have a part month charge for the days before the first bill was produced, as the contract dates and billing cycle usually don't match.

Also check for boosts or extras that sometimes appear by default: TV, Voicemail Plus, Supersafe,  Phone Boost?

It should all be apparent in the details of the bill.

Forum staff will be back after the Bank Holiday. Meanwhile you can try Chat, or phone 03451 720088.

0 Likes