cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Offered Option to Move to TalkTalk Business and Told There Would Be No Exit Fee

robinwilson16
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

In January I was offered the option to move to TalkTalk Business and I specifically asked if there would be an exit fee and was told there would not be.

The same day I was then advised I would have to pay £143.87 and when I queried this I was told it was a mistake and would be cancelled.

The money was then taken and I was told not to worry and that I would receive a refund. 4 months later I am still waiting and the case I had open seems to have just been closed although online it still says they are looking into it. I was asked to provide bank statements, invoices from TalkTalk and other information to prove the fact the money was taken (which shouldn't be needed as you should hopefully be fully aware what money you are taking out of people's accounts)

I was also told I would receive a new business router before the go live date but I did not and when I queried it I was told the order had not been put through properly but not to worry as the residential router would work in the meantime.

I was then cut off and had no service and a new router was sent specially as I still did not have one so had a few days with no internet and had to work all day from a coffee shop which was not ideal.

I was also assigned a customer service manager yet they never respond to my emails so not sure what the point is if they provide no service.

All I want is for the money you said you would not take to be refunded to me and I have spent hours on email/phone/chat trying to resolve this and so far have failed and after 4 months my case shows as closed when I have provided every bit of evidence you have asked for.

This has been very frustrating and I have been misled at every stage.

Please can someone help?

Robin Wilson
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

robinwilson16
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hello Gliwmaeden2

This was finally resolved and refunded thank you.

Initially the case was passed back and forth between the residential and business side but then it was taken over by someone else who was able to resolve it and issue the refund.

Robin

Robin Wilson

Message 3 of 7

Hi @robinwilson16 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

robinwilson16
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hello

Yes I have emails from the residential side and the business side as well as the email address of the account manager who signed me up and told me there would be no charge and then that it would be refunded although he does not reply to emails on the topic anymore.

If it could be sorted out on Tuesday that would be great. Everyone has agreed to the refund but passed it onto someone else to process so I just go around in circles and am passed between the residential and business side with each blaming the other.

Over online chat I was told it had to be charged first and would then be refunded after.

I just need them to do what they said they would do months ago and refund the charge. A charge I was told would not be taken in the first place back in January.

I have spent hours on this already, none of which should be needed if they had kept to the deal I signed up for.

Robin Wilson
0 Likes

robinwilson16
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hello

Yes I have emails from the residential side and the business side as well as the email address of the account manager who signed me up and told me there would be no charge and then that it would be refunded although he does not reply to emails on the topic anymore.

If it could be sorted out on Tuesday that would be great. Everyone has agreed to the refund but passed it onto someone else to process so I just go around in circles and am passed between the residential and business side with each blaming the other.

Over online chat I was told it had to be charged first and would then be refunded after.

I just need them to do what they said they would do months ago and refund the charge. A charge I was told would not be taken in the first place back in January.

I have spent hours on this already, none of which should be needed if they had kept to the deal I signed up for.

Robin Wilson
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Did you keep a record of the offer at the time, @robinwilson16? was it over the phone, Chat, email?

Staff will need a bit more detail to chase this up. Likely to be Tuesday, as most are off for the Bank Holiday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes