cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Ongoing problems with TalkTalk upgrade to FF500

GarryMartin
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

TalkTalk previously provided me with a free upgrade from my copper Fibre 65 service to a full fibre service at the same speed. It took over 4 months to provide me with the upgrade due to issues connecting me to the CityFibre network (mostly duct related, but lots of confusion and missed appointments). I'd been quite happy with that service for some time.

I then decided to upgrade the package to FF500 and this is where my problems started.

Apparently, because of the way the original free upgrade was provided on TalkTalk systems, they couldn't process a direct upgrade to FF500. I would need to go back to copper for 30 days, and then they would be able to upgrade me. No problem with that apart from the inconvenience.

So back on to copper on a new 18-month contract for 30 days. Called back to upgrade, all processed successfully. At this point, I assume with CityFibre as that was my original (difficult) install and all neighbours installed recently were also CityFibre.

But an OpenReach engineer then turned up to do external cabling. I explained the previous situation and that I wasn't comfortable risking damage by a different provider installing cabling.

Spoke to TalkTalk and was told they would cancel the OpenReach order and raise one against CityFibre. This cancellation got stuck in the system and so required an escalation ticket to resolve. Eventually got to the point where I could reorder with CityFibre.

Lots, and I mean lots of confusing conversations. TalkTalk seemed to be having a problem processing an upgrade so needed to create a new order. But then seemed to have problems creating a new order, and it appears they may have created a new account instead.

Nevertheless, I get my order paperwork through. Concerned that it says FF500 - OR and that the OR may be OpenReach. Try to login to my TalkTalk account but I can't. Reset of password doesn't work. Re-registering with old account number doesn't work. Registering with new account number doesn't work.

This morning, an OpenReach engineer turned up to do the external cabling.

Why this is so difficult I do not know. I have lost all confidence with the agents to successfully resolve and process my order with CityFibre.

Please can one of the TalkTalk community team look into this for me and get someone to sort my account and order out? At the moment, I've lost all access to my bills and account balance information and can't be sure that my current order was actually raised with CityFibre.

I'm exhausted and have spent many hours constantly going through details over and over again trying to resolve this.

Please help.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thanks Arne. I've PM'd the requested details.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@GarryMartin,  User not found could mean we have slightly different details for you,  can you PM me these details 

Full name

Account number

date of birth (this is usually the issue)

post code. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Arne,

Obviously it worked previously, but it stopped working on the 09/06/2023 following the raising of the last order.

I tried resetting my password first on that date, but was told "email isn't currently registered with My Account". Tried to register with both my original account number and the new account number and got "User not found. Double check the information entered" both times.

I've tried again this morning and am getting exactly the same.

I haven't had enough spare time in my day to call about the order yet but plan to do that tomorrow at 10:00am.

Kind regards, Garry

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi @GarryMartin

The account is showing as not registered for My Account, can you try to register again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Thanks for the information Arne. Are you able to fix my account so that I can log back in and get access to my balance and bills etc?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi GarryMartin

Apologies for the problems.

Unfortunately I dont have access to the full fibre systems, so you would have call them to get any updates. When I check the billing account the only packages available are via Openreach, even though your previous service was indeed through City Fibre

Really sorry for the ongoing confusion.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK, as I said let's wait and see what the support team say. 

Message 8 of 12

Neighbours are all with TalkTalk and City Fibre too. The last install was only a few weeks ago with FF 900. We all go to the same duct chamber and cabinet, so I'm absolutely sure that's not the case.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

There have been issues with early City Fibre connections being unable to move to a faster service. I suspect from what I have seen elsewhere that it does need to be Openreach that connect you up again going forward. Messy, I know. Hopefully the support team will pick this up tomorrow and advise you further. 

0 Likes

GarryMartin
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Got a text yesterday saying the install had been cancelled, but don't know whether that's the last install that should have been cancelled, or the new one that might or might not be with OpenReach. Will try calling tomorrow but please, can TalkTalk staff take a look at this whole saga please?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Try the 03451 720074 number for chasing up the arrangements for the order, @GarryMartin, but for My Account issues I'll move this to billing.

Staff are not on here at weekends. 

Phone available today, not Sunday. 

Sorry to hear that this has become such a nightmare. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes