Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged on fibre monthly bill

david1973
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

I moved to a fibre deal on 30/03/2021 and have been overcharged every month since.

I have had to phone each month to get the bill corrected, but its happened again.

I have now been in a que for 53 minutes waiting to talk to someone.

Any advice much appreciated as this is ridiculous.

16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi David1973

The issue is still being worked, unfortunately, I will modify the latest bill and once the issue is resolved will process the overcharges since April. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 17

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @david1973. Staff will pick it up again during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Arne - I see my next Bill has landed and still no sign of the refund from previously been overcharged. Can you please escalate this and confirm when I will received my money back

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

@david1973  I can assure you that any overcharges will be returned once the account is fixed.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Many thanks Fergus - will do.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 17

To be honest I would hold off from a formal complaint until this has actually been sorted, otherwise you may delay the process further as it gets handed to someone else again. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Thanks Arne, I'd have thought they should know as I have complained about this each time over the last 6 months - but I still get overcharged again the next month. Its great that you have reported it, but I'd like my money back by return and to make a formal complaint - can you take this forward for me please?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi @david1973

I can see the problem on the account the billing system is not picking up the package change in April so has been raising bills for the old price. 

I have reported this to the team responsible for that system and will let you know when they have fixed the issue.. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Message 9 of 17

£16 for first 6 months.

I have gone back and checked all the payments since March (fibre went live on 31/03/2021 and in total I have been overcharged £23.95

I could give you my calculations but would be interested in talktalk doing their correct sums.

I have had to spend hours on this though, all because talktalk can not give me a correct bill for the last 6 months.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Thank you.

Can you confirm what price you agreed in March.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Thanks Arne - I think I've done that now.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi @david1973 

Can you add your account number to your community profile, I cant locate your account with the phone number you have in there. 

Thanks 

Message 13 of 17

Thanks, @david1973, you are right. I am one day ahead of myself. 

Hope you manage to get through soon.

Definitely feels like a Sunday somehow here.... 😊

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 17

They must be busy, you can but wait in the queue. 

0 Likes

david1973
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 17

I'll try thanks but its Saturday today.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Phone lines are not generally open on Sundays except for sales and accessibility purposes, @david1973.

Try Chat from the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

You can also find full details of opening hours on there.

0 Likes