cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

SHELL MIGRATION - OLD TALK TALK ACCOUNT

SarahGriff
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

We were recently migrated from Shell Broadband to TalkTalk. As previous TalkTalk customers we had a My Account. The automatic registration for a My Account linked to the email address we used for Shell means that it is absolutely impossible for me to end up anywhere but at the OLD TalkTalk account. I have not been able to set up a direct debit, change account ownership since my husband passed away and it is impossible to manage my newly migrated account. And tonight my internet has disappeared. This is absolutely terrible. Why have TalkTalk held onto information for 10 years since our last account was closed?? Why can't I access my current broadband account? Totally bonkers!

Any advice for how to resolve this before my phone data runs out and I am completely scuppered??

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

@Sarania @Lee-teepee ..please start new topics and I can fix this.   

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

As above, @Sarania.

Please start your own thread even for a similar issue, as for all support topics, it helps avoid confusion in the replies, between different customer accounts etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

I have the exact same problem. Can't access new account as my old account from years ago is still active. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Please start your own topic, @Lee-teepee.

This is to avoid confusing the thread - it's much clearer who is being helped if each customer's issue is dealt with separately, and avoids anyone getting overlooked. 

0 Likes

Lee-teepee
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

I’ve had the same problem 

Ive been asked to pay for a service I don’t have anymore

0 Likes

Ssabdb1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

I had to escalate a formal complaint and spend three hours on the phone before it actually got resolved. 

Frankly the suggestion that a fresh email address is required probably could have solved it sooner, but I only use one. I probably spoke to 5-6 people in the account team before someone knew how to remove the old account.

That said, the staff member who replied here seemed to know what to do, so good luck!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

@Ginsun 

If you start your own topic then the support team can help.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello did you get this resolved? I'm in the same situation my email links to an old account from 2021. I can't access my account from shell that got migrated. It's a complete shambles. But talk talk have managed to bill me!!and I can't access the account!!???

Message 9 of 13

@Ssabdb1 

So are you no longer with TalkTalk now, or is there something we can help you with? If the latter, please start your own topic.

0 Likes

Ssabdb1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

I had exactly the same problem, broadband stopped working after a surprise migration to TalkTalk from shell (I didn't get any emails telling me it happened), was originally told it was an openreach then some problem with the migration. The broadband just stopped working and I couldn't even look at my account.

Like the OP, I had a previous Talktalk account at a different address but same email. After about 6 hours on the phone over several days and no proper action I got them to let me leave with no fees. 

Incredibly poor service and a terrible welcome back to TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi @SarahGriff

I have found your old account and cleared it from the system.  

So now can you try to re-register following the normal process via the my account website www.talktalk.co.uk/login/ using the email address they want to use. 

Thank you

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

@SarahGriff, if the internet isn't working, please post about that in the Broadband  / Fibre section of the forum. 

Talktalk will need the account to be in your name, if your husband sadly passed away since their previous records.

There is a bereavement team that may be able to help you with this transition:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-bereavement-team/ta-p/2205169#:~:text=We%20understa...).

But it's also the case that Talktalk's systems prefer a fresh email address for a new account  - not one that's been used for a Talktalk account before.

So there are three strands to this question: functioning internet; account holder name; account holder email address for billing purposes. 

Staff will reply during the day (Monday to Friday).

0 Likes