Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Calls

Birchg
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I received a call today from someone claiming to be Talk Talk support

He had all my registration details ie mobile number, bank name, monthly costs.

We tested my internet speed and he said the results were too low for my contract. He said he would send me a new router and that Talk Talk was offering a rebate for the poor service. Then he wanted me to log onto my bank. This was when I hung up and disconnected my laptop. How did he know all my contact details??? 

GrahamB
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Birchg

It is a scam call. Things to remember TalkTalk will never:

• Call you to advise we have detected a fault in your router and ask you to install any software
  • Never call you to state you are being disconnected due to a fault/late payment 
  • Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine.
  • Ask you to provide your full password - we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security.
  • Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems.
  • Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being tracked back to them.

If you are in any doubt hang up the call and call us back to verify that we have called you. 

You could try our CallSafe service which has been proven to deter scammers read more about it on our help page About CallSafe

Regards

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

Several years ago TalkTalk were the victim of a hack in which thousands of customer details were stolen. Those details are no doubt still swirling around the criminal fraternity and being used to attempt exactly the type of scam to which you have been subjected.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.