cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Shell Customer Transferred to Talk Talk - Anytime Calls?

SC489
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

I've been transferred to TalkTalk from Shell. I'm supposed to be on the TalkTalk Fibre 65 and Anytime phone calls package. However my account makes no mention of the Anytime calls. . The account does show a monthly allowance of £117.61. What does this mean since having Anytime Calls should incur no charge for approved numbers?

I would contact TalkTalk but so far have found no email contact, phone number of working chat link.

I need to verify my account has been transferred correctly and early signs are not good due to the difficulty in contacting TalkTalk.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

I cant see the old shell account but will flag this , Also have to apologize the price given in my response was wrong, My mistake I was looking at a different account at the same time as your post. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks for confirming I am not been charged for phone calls. However, my online account does not mention I receive Anytime Calls. This needs fixing. My monthly charge with Shell Broadband was £35.32 but my TalkTalk account shows £35.95. Why is there an unexplained increase of 63p per month when the TalkTalk transition email I received on 17 July said:

We’ll move you off your Shell Energy Broadband and Phone package and on to an equivalent one provided by TalkTalk. We’ll make sure we price-match the broadband and phone plan you are on now and we won’t change your terms and conditions.

The price increase does not represent a price match,

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

I can confirm that you are not being billed for calls , What where you paying Shell per month as that amount is carried over to the new account. 

Message 4 of 14

No I can't see all the details in my TalkTalk account since the account just shows Fibre 65 and makes no mention of Anytime calls. I have no idea whether my Anytimes call allowance has transfered across from Shell as contracted and whether I am currently being billed for phone charges or not. I just had a call with TalkTalk and they couldn't confirm it either. I was told to wait for my fisrt bill which is not satisfactory. I looked at the call charge boosts under my account and there is mention of unlimited UK calls for £12 per month which I should have which is unticked. This is all very confusing and need sorting out so the account clealry states what is on contract.

That credit is due a compensation payment from Shell due to problem of their making and nothing to do with call charges.

The price shown in my account is £35.95 per month so where do you get the charge of £23.30 from?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi SC489

Your contract status and price per month ( £23.30 ) has been carried across from shell including the anytime calls boost, Also The shell migration team appear to have added a credit to your account  possibly for any call made during the switch over. 

You will be able to see all the details in My Account 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

OFCOM do mention contractual issues as one aspect they can help with

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

CISAS is the relevant regulator. OFCOM doesn't deal with individual complaints,  @SC489, though it's possible to highlight an issue which may affect many customers. Check their separate websites for clarification. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

I used the email address concerns@talktalkplc.com in that link and got a reply stating "There’s a number of ways we provide support, please choose what’s best for you:..". That's not helpful since I don't know whether TalkTalk staff are actually going to solve the issue raised in my email.

I also note the complaints code only states CISAS for escalating a complaint and makes no mention of the regulator OFCOM for complaining about contract T&Cs not honoured.

I note various people on this forum complaining about their transfer from Shell which indicates this transfer has been poorly managed resulting in many problems now having to be solved causing both customers and TalkTalk staff to waste their time.

I've found the leadership team email addresses should I need to use them:

Susie Buckridge, CEO, TalkTalk, Susie.Buckridge@talktalk.co.uk

Tristia Harrison, Chief Executive, Tristia.Harrison@talktalk.co.uk

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

@SC489 

I would wait for the support team here before hastening to a complaint, they are very good at sorting things out. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

I see what that figure means now. A chatt agent just told me any calls covered by Anytime Calls will be charged then reimbursed until they fix this obvious problem which should have been fixed before inflicting it on new customers. Not a good way to retain new customers! 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

@SC489, I've moved your duplicate thread out of the way, as this one is on the correct message board for the issue. 

The "allowance" you mention will show whether or not you have the Anytime Calls Boost applied.

The Anytime Calls covers ordinary mobile numbers and landlines starting 01, 02 and 03. You have to be careful about exceptions, like the Channel Islands etc, and other sorts of numbers - those few occasions when you might have to ring a business that's not kindly switched from 0845 to 0345 etc. And you might find someone clocking up high service charges.  

There are occasions when you might wish to call abroad. 

Whatever the reason, the "allowance" prevents you from simply clocking up huge phone bills for calls that are not covered by the boost. If it's exceeded, you won't be able to make any more calls till the next billing month kicks in, unless you pay the excess off early. 

This article explains how it works:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-monthly-allowance/ta-p/2204660

Yours is set to a rather odd figure, however!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

SC489
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

I contacted TalkTalk by Chat and it seems they have screwed up the transfer from Shell since the Anytime Calls package has not been migrated properly so doen't show on the TalkTalk account. Someone hasn't done their job properly so my first call tomorrow will be a complaint to TalkTalk. Not a good start.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Chat and phone details are available here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Otherwise, wait until the support team here picks this up. 

0 Likes