cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Shell Energy Switch

RichP887
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Not sure if I'm being thick but when my account was switched to Talk Talk I was billed for the period from my last payment to Shell until my first bill from Talk Talk in advance which I understand. However, I thought Shell Energy billed in advance so have I paid twice?

I paid Shell £28 for service from the 14th of July which I assumed was payment in advance for service until the 14th  Aug. However Talk Talk billed me £11 from the 24th July until 14th Aug, and then £28 until 14th Sep which I understand, not sure why I paid the £11 though, I thought the period between 14th July until 14th Aug already been paid to Shell?

When I spoke to customer service they seemed to say the money I paid Shell was for the service I'd already used but Shell bill in advance not arrears.

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I am sure that if you start your own thread, @DavidCochran, staff will be able to advise you. 

So far, you have always posted on other people's threads, which means that your own issues never get addressed.

For support from staff on the forum, return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DavidCochran
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

I've had the same, they don't seem to understand the whole concept of advance and payment in arrears. I even give them the direct debit reference no trace, hopeless

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

HI RichP887

The bill team will pick this up and a credit will be applied to the new account and will show on the next bill.

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Yes, the Shell Migration team is part of Talktalk. 

You'll reach them on 03451 720088.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

The problem is all Shell Energy Broadband sites seemed closed and say talk to TALK TALK.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Make sure it's the Shell Migration team that you are speaking to, @RichP887.

Talktalk always bills from the switch / joining date to the start of the bill cycle date and the month ahead. 

Shell will have billed a full month ahead, so that's the bit that's duplicated. 

0 Likes