cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Incorrect billing

SabrinaP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I am writing to formally dispute an incorrect bill I’ve received. My service with Talk Talk ended on the 15th of August, yet I have been billed until the 22nd of September. Despite numerous attempts to resolve this matter through your customer service, the issue remains unresolved, and there is a risk it might affect my credit score.

I urgently request you correct this billing error and confirm that my account has been adjusted accordingly. Please ensure no adverse information is reported to the credit reference agencies regarding this disputed bill.

If this issue is not resolved swiftly, I will have no choice but to escalate the matter to Ofcom and the Consumer Ombudsman.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

The actual bill that you see doesn't get updated as its already been produced, click on view your latest bill,   The NEW balance is show at the top. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi, 

unfortunately it has not. It still shows I have to pay £77 to talktalk to 22 of sept 24.  I had disconnected the service on the 15th of July so surely the bill should be adjusted to 15th of August 24 ? 

IMG_5405.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Staff will be back after the weekend to follow this up, @SabrinaP.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi, 

thanks I have been waiting for over two months now to resolve this issue? Surely it shouldn’t take so long to adjust an incorrect bill ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi SabrinaP

There is a open complaint for this issue, it looks like the July bill was not sent which would have taken final payment  to the 22nd August.  meaning a refund will be applicable from the 15th August to the 22nd , and the advance charge for September should be removed.  I can help with this.

The complaints team will contact you regarding the rest of this.  

SabrinaP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

"Yes, I gave my 30-day notice as per the contract. Despite this, my account was supposed to be disconnected on August 15th, yet I received a bill up to September 22nd. It seems there was an issue on TalkTalk's side, and they did not close my account as requested. I'm still receiving payment emails, which shouldn't be happening. Can anyone clarify this and ensure my account is properly closed to avoid credit score impact?"

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Did you give notice that you wanted to leave, @SabrinaP?

Talktalk requires 30 days notice or till a new ISP takes over the phone number (FTTC or ADSL  line)

Your service doesn't just stop when the minimum term ends.

You need to give more details to clarify the situation. 

Staff won't respond before tomorrow now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes