cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Shell Energy Switch

RichP887
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Not sure if I'm being thick but when my account was switched to Talk Talk I was billed for the period from my last payment to Shell until my first bill from Talk Talk in advance which I understand. However, I thought Shell Energy billed in advance so have I paid twice?

I paid Shell £28 for service from the 14th of July which I assumed was payment in advance for service until the 14th  Aug. However Talk Talk billed me £11 from the 24th July until 14th Aug, and then £28 until 14th Sep which I understand, not sure why I paid the £11 though, I thought the period between 14th July until 14th Aug already been paid to Shell?

When I spoke to customer service they seemed to say the money I paid Shell was for the service I'd already used but Shell bill in advance not arrears.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

HI RichP887

The bill team will pick this up and a credit will be applied to the new account and will show on the next bill.

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Yes, the Shell Migration team is part of Talktalk. 

You'll reach them on 03451 720088.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

The problem is all Shell Energy Broadband sites seemed closed and say talk to TALK TALK.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Make sure it's the Shell Migration team that you are speaking to, @RichP887.

Talktalk always bills from the switch / joining date to the start of the bill cycle date and the month ahead. 

Shell will have billed a full month ahead, so that's the bit that's duplicated. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes