cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Since when did TalkTalk become scam artists?

777GE90
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

On 2 September TalkTalk e-mailed me to say they are going to automatically upgrade me to Full Fibre free of charge, see e-mail below:

777GE90_0-1696360956828.png

The services were installed on 27 September by CityFibre and have not worked since.

TalkTalk have since doubled my bill and when I called up to query it, I was told in no uncertain terms that my upgrade was NOT free and that I will now be on a new contract and have to pay the double bill.

I've spent the last week trying to troubleshoot with your technical teams, engineer visits, etc to try and get the new serviecs working, but all with no luck.  You're own technical support teams don't know what to do anymore and keep putting me on hold and cutting the call or asking me to do the same troubleshooting steps over and over.   I have no internet on the new services and there is no where to plug in my landline either.

So first you force upgraded me and claimed it's free, then the upgrade didn't work and now apparently it was not free after all.  Are you scam artists?

At this stage, I'm struggling to believe TalkTalk could arrange a *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* up in a brewery, let alone provide me with internet service.

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope everything goes well with your new ISP.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 11

I'm finding one now.  I managed to get through to a useful operator at TT who said he's a complaints manager and can cancel the account without penalty.

He is gonna call me back at 5PM to do it, in the mean time I'm finding a new provider.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Ok understood, but the complaint is not just about the technical issue, it is two sided.

One is the new services don't work.  The other is the fact TalkTalk changed my contract without my agreement.

I no longer wish to pursue the technical side.

I want to talk to a complaints manager about the contract and discuss cancelling all services.

Everyone at TalkTalk is refusing me this opportunity.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Because the issue is a technical issue it will require the fault managers to get involved, once the fault is fixed, at that point a CEO manager will take over the complaint to discuss the issues with you. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Arne,

Please can you confirm who will be calling me back? My understanding was it would be someone from the CEO department / complaints team, but now I am led to believe this is not the case and instead someone from the technical support team will call me?

If this is the case, I was actually on the phone with technical support on Tuesday 3 October, trying the same steps for the 10th time to try and get it working, all to no avail.  The time was around 7PM, I was tired and hungry and wanted to go back to my other house so I could have my evening meal and the technical adviser told me she will try the profile reset (again) and we can re-try the connection in 60 minutes, which I explained I wouldn't be able to do as I won't be at the property until Thursday now.  Hence why she arranged a callback with me for Thursday to carry on checking, but unfortunately I can already report back that her profile reset attempt again did not work.

Please, please don't let the technical teams call me again.  I'm exhausted from spending the full day from 9AM to 7PM on Tuesday trying the same stuff over and over and I'm done to be honest.

I don't really want anyone from technical support to contact me, it's been a week and the services don't work.  You even sent out a CityFibre engineer who couldn't figure out the problem and all of TalkTalk's technical support keep transferring me between themselves and cutting my calls because even they have exhausted everything possible on their end and aside from getting me to try the same stuff over and over again, they have no idea what else to do.

I want to talk to someone about the complaint and express that we are in a legal situation of "contractual frustration" and have lost all faith in TalkTalk as an ISP.  In these circumstances, it would be my preference to end the contract without penalty, due to TalkTalk's failure to provide the services it has contractually agreed to and TalkTalk underhandedly changing the contract terms by doubling my price without my consent or prior agreement.

I appreciate this discussion may be beyond the scope of what you do, but if you want to really help me then please can you make sure someone who is high up enough / in the right department, can call me tomorrow as a priority.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Ok, but are you not going to make a comment in regards to the contract being changed at double the cost without my knowledge?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi 777GE90

Sorry that you are unhappy.

There is an open complaint for the problems you are having, A callback is arranged for Thursday with a fault manager who will attempt to fix the issues you are having. 

Let us know how it goes. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Well the email does seem very clear. This has been escalated to the support team here and they will respond as soon as they can.