cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Removing Unlimited UK calls boost

peterk3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Like several other people I've seen asking about it on the community I've been trying to remove the Unlimited UK calls boost from my package and can find no tick box to untick in my account 

peterk3_0-1693685712067.png

As of 23rd September TalkTalk have started to charge for this in my latest bill received today as my free offer is coming to an end, so I want to remove it as the phone is rarely used these days and I can't justify the cost of the add-on.  Could somebody help sort this out for me?

Also, another question about contract renewal options.  I've seen it mentioned that an email will be sent towards the end of the contract outlining options for renewal.  When can I expect to receive that?  My contact also ends on 23rd September.

Thanks,

Peter

No witty signature available - please try again later.
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

OK, will do, thanks Arne.

Peter 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi peterk3

Wait for your next bill to be produced, If there isn't an adjustment on it, let me know and I can sort it out for you. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

After a bill has been produced, it cannot be adjusted, but a credit will show in transaction history in My Account, @peterk3.

If it's well before the Direct Debit date this can mean less is taken this time, but otherwise, if you just leave it there, it is taken into account and goes towards the next bill - or you can claim it back via My Account, and have it moved to your bank account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

peterk3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 22

Hi Arne,

It looks like that has fixed it, Thanks.  That leaves a couple of other questions though.  How will the bill be adjusted?  Does it have to wait until the next bill for a credit to be put on the account or can the bill I was sent yesterday be corrected?  And will it be backdated to the date I originally requested that the boost be removed back in September?

Regards,

Peter

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

I can see the problem, there is a stuck order stopping the removal of the boost, I have logged this as a fault

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Thanks Arne,

Lets hope it can be easily resolved.

I've just received my bill for the next month and it still has the £16 for the boost on it.

Peter

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hello again Arne,

I checked my account last week on 24th Sept. and discovered that the unlimited calls boost was still listed as active.  There was a difference though, there was now a check box to remove it.  I did that and shortly afterward I received an email confirming I had removed it.  I checked it again today (30th) and found that the boost was listed as active again, so I again removed it and have received an email to confirm it but now have no confidence that it has been permanently removed.  Is there a bug in the 'manage my boosts' page that is not removing the boost properly?  Or is it something in my account settings elsewhere that is reactivating it?  Could you get this looked into and ensure that the boost is removed permanently please.  I'd also like to get a refund for the part-month that I have been charged for from the 23rd when the 18 month free period came to an end.

Thanks,

Peter 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

@Jamie1970  Please start your own topic and ensure that your community profile is updated.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

@Jamie1970 ,

I'm sure staff on here will be happy to help you if you start your own topic and fill in your personal details and TalkTalk landline number in your forum profile/settings.

Alternatively, you could try contacting customer services by phone or live chat.

0 Likes

Jamie1970
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 22

Can someone at TalkTalk remove unlimited calls from my account also, I have the same issue, no option to remove it.

Thank you.

Jamie
0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Thank you Arne.

peterk3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 22

This seems to have gone quiet, I haven't heard from anybody since completing the security check.

Arne, can you confirm that my anytime calls boost will be removed before I start getting charged for it?

I've had an email from TalkTalk outlining what my options are at the expiry of the contract and it looks like I will be staying with TalkTalk for a while longer.  I just don't want to pay for a boost I'm not getting value from now.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

OK, thanks I'll bear that in mind and try to check my email while I am at work tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

You need to reply to the PMs VERY promptly, @peterk3. The links have a short shelf life. 

Look out for another from Arne when he replies during the day and get back to him pronto.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Thanks for helping Arne,

I would answer the security questions but the link in the PM is giving me an error message, flashing up the starting page and then going straight to the error message without me doing anything.

Something went wrong.

Oops! You shouldn’t be seeing this. Please return to the social channel and contact your agent to try again.

Regards,

Peter

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 22

Hi @peterk3 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Chat will be open on Sunday:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Any charges on this month's bill for the boost will be refunded for the period it is removed on the next bill.

Any new contract will apply from the day you fix it up, so there would also be an adjustment for any difference in price reflected in the next bill.

So you wouldn't see a "normal" bill till the month after that.

0 Likes