cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Subject Access Request

SealsB
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I spent 2 hours on the phone to talk talk on 10th June re problems with my fibre connection. I was given a brand new router in the post. I was also offered an engineer. I said no to the engineer as the TT rep mentioned £75. I asked her to repeat it and again said no. She went on to say it would be free of charge and only if I was not in at the allocated time slot would I be charged. 

As English was not her first language I asked the question around 8 times, “was the engineer free?” She answered 8 times, “yes”.  So, I thought why not, let’s have an engineer come out to see what was going on. 

Prior to the engineer visit, the router arrived. I set it up and everything was great. The engineer came and obviously found very little wrong with the connection. 

desoite repeated assurances from the TT rep, I’ve bow been slapped with a £75 charge on my latest bill. 

I’ve been on the what’s app chat and they are so unhelpful. I’ve called for an hour yesterday, got out through to 3 departments and no one could help and the language barrier was a problem. I was told they could not help me but “someone” would look into things within next 2 days. I’m not holding out any hope this will happen, never mind be resolved. 

I want access to my calls on 10th June because I know I asked repeatedly about the so called “free” engineer and I was assured it was free. I also never received any text or email about engineer T&Cs. 

who can I contact about the call log via Subject Access Request? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi @SealsB

Our customer services have made the request for the SAR on 8-Jul-2024 at 18:03.

The team responsible will be in touch regarding this. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The situations in which you pay for an engineer visit are here, @SealsB:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

I'll move this to the billing section for you, as it's not an issue now with the service itself.

Staff will respond after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

You should not have been advised that an engineer can be sent without the possibility of a charge. I have moved this to the billing section where a TalkTalk team member will review this for you. They will be back online on Monday.