Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to renew/upgrade parents package - what is "TV Select" and why can't I cancel that?

whatever
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

My parents broadband contract (Essentials TV Access Everything)

expired in 2016 - I'm looking at their options to upgrade packages.

There are two choices, but both include "TV Select" at £9 per month - says this is an existing boost but when I check boosts on current package it is not listed?

They do not want this boost. How do I upgrade without it?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Great, hope you got a good deal.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

whatever
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 5

Bit of a slog - the voice recognition did not like my accent 😒 - but all sorted now. Thanks.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Essentials is a very old legacy contract and included sky channels.

Your best bet is to phone the Loyalty Team as they hold the best deals and will be able to dave your parents money based on other peoples experience.

Boosts are being removed later this year and if they require Sky channels they would be best considering Now TV. 

If they have a TV box and it is not a DN372T box, then negotiate for a new box that will play the latest NowTV app, if they wish to use this.

Haggling will get you the best deal. Good luck,

0345 172 0046 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

They are currently working Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, and some Saturdays going forward.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).