cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unable to access My Account

jdx90
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Good morning

I have spent the best part of last night and this morning trying to access my TalkTalk MyAccount area to view bill etc.

I am able to complete the login information of email and password, however it then takes me to a new page asking for 2nd Factor Authentication 6 digit code. Whereas I do have Microsoft authenticator, none of the codes work as I do not have my TalkTalk account linked to that.

Even 'recovery' doesn't work. 

Live chat do not understand what the problem is and exhausted all options including password reset, clearing cookies and different devices / browsers.

Attached a screenshot.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 11.03.34 AM.png
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jdx90

Sorry its not possible to remove Multi-factor authentication for individual accounts. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi

The phone call is the only contact I have had with complaints and apparently it is going to be 'escalated'. 

I don't want to complain, I would just like the 2nd factor authentication restriction removed from my account so that I can review my bill, package etc.

Is it that problematic for someone at TT to remove 2FA from my account? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Can I just confirm, are you still in contact with our Complaints Team?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 6

Just came off phone call - still no further unfortunately. 

Happy to use Google authenticator or any authenticator for that matter - but need a QR code or set up code to link the TT account to the authenticator app. 

Alternatively, can TalkTalk please remove the requirement for 2nd factor authentication by means of Google authenticator from my account.

Thanks

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi jdx90

There is an open complaint on your account, one of our complaints team will contact you to discuss this. 

Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes