Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Have I Been Charged For My Engineer Visit?

kevinleighton
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

I've just had notification of my latest bill and it seems I've been charged for a recent engineer visit but I have no idea why. The engineer told me he wasn't really sure what the issue was caused by but he changed the cable on the Openreach fibre modem, reset the fibre ports and wandered off at the end to have another look around the cabinet. He told me he could see that there has been an issue on the line for some days. 

The issue was resolved but he didn't know what action he took to resolve it and wasn't sure that he had. He even left me with another fibre modem in case the incident wasn't resolved.

I'm not happy to pay this charge on the premise that he didn't know what he did to fix the problem and the cable was on the Openreach kit and nothing to do with me. Can you please remove this charge from my bill or have someone call me so I can discuss further.

Kind regards

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Many thanks for your response, I hadn't seen your PM however I have now responded.

With kind regards

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Kevin,

My apologies, I replied to you via private message on the 27th October requesting for further details to verify your account as the details provided didn't match, but didn't received a reply.

Have sent you another PM to take some more details.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

kevinleighton
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 5

Hi there

I responded to the PM and have been waiting for an answer from yourselves.

This amount has now been charged to my bank account which I am not at all happy about and with a contract renewal due shortly I'm not convinced I'll want to stay at this rate.

Can you please respond with an update by return.

Many thanks

Kevin

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear this, have sent you a PM requesting for some details.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes