cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

end of fibre 65 contract due 21/02 but no offers or upgrades in My Account

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Under offers and upgrades in my account it says "an order is in progress which has to be complete to view offers" as far as I am aware there should be no order in progress.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

No we dont need it, the mobile is showing as ceased, however My Account is trying to pull the old information probably off a system that is now defunct

0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

Arne, As I said in an earlier post I had a mobile account with TT but it should have been closed when the number transferred to O2 this was several years back the number if you need it is ********477. Cheers Len

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi LeonW

I have been advised that the mobile tab doesn't work as there is mobile account linked. Did you ever have a mobile service with us? 

0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 20

Arne, Thanks for getting back when I click on the mobile icon a page comes up for about 3/4 seconds which says:

oops looks like there is a technical problem (the same message as on the mobile icon on dashboard)

and

please reload and try again

Then it goes to into the mobile section which shows my HOME phone number and my TT account number and a message says:

Sorry can't get this information to you right now please try again later

Hope this helps.

As far as the the login address for my account, if in settings I look into changing it back, as soon as I put in my TT address a message displays saying if you change to your TT email address your My Account password will automatically change to the password that you use for TT email - so perhaps this is seen as a security problem and a hack in My Account could give access to email and vice versa.

Any way thanks for the help Len

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Thanks for the update.   

We do advise customers to us a non @talktalk address for my account access (I honestly dont know why),  whatever your login address is, (at this point its Gmail) that is where your notifications from us will go to that address.  

With the mobile icon issue can you still select that panel and get into that side of the account?  

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Arne I tried to look at my account to see if there had been any progress and found that I couldn't login I went through a chat session with someone with poor english but eventually established that my login email address could no longer be a TalkTalk address (mine is talktalk.net) so this had to changed to a gmail address I have. So now I can login to my account and find that the offers problem I had has been corrected but the mobile icon problem is still there. The question I have is why could I no longer use my TT email address to login to My Account it seems ridiculous that I have to use a gmail address to access My Account. Probably because of the poor english I thought the chap was saying that although it was a gmail address it would only be used as a username and emails from TT would still come to my TT address but now they come through to gmail this is sort of OK seems very odd. in My Account there is an option to change ones email address but I'm not sure what would happen if I tried to change back to my TT address - what do you think ? Best Regards Len

0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 20

Thanks Arne good to know

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20
0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 20

Thanks Arne

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20
0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 20

Sorry Arne just noticed you passed on the mobile error message thanks for that cheers Len

0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 20

Thanks Arne could you also mention the error message on the mobile icon ? Cheers Len

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Got it thank you, I think the open order, is an order for a router that looks to have not completed, I have logged it to the My Account team. 

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 20

I have sent a PM to you with the screen shots of the errors on myaccount, my first PM so I hope you get it ok. Thanks for the response Len

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi LeonW

Can you PM a screen shot of the open order message please, I cant replicate it at this side, it will need to be sent to the My Account team, I can see the mobile error they will need to look into that aswell. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

LeonW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 20

Thanks for the responses. I have phoned customer services and renewed my contract so that's sorted but the message in offers on my account saying that offers can't be shown because of an outstanding order is still there, the customer service agent confirmed that there were no open orders but didn't seem to be able to do anything about this message. Also in my account I have a mobile icon which shows an error I did have a mobile account a few years back but moved this from TT ages ago. My account online obviously has some problems with it how do I get these sorted out ? They have been there some time because as pointed out I had reported the offers message previously.

As customer services can sort stuff on the phone does it matter that my online account has problems ? Just for my own satisfaction I would like it to be correct.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Hi LeonW

I cant see any pending orders on your account prior to today (20th), when I can see that you have now renewed. 

Thanks for staying.  

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

@LeonW Have you not had an email/letter from TalkTalk about your renewal? They are obliged to send you one when your contract is drawing to a close.  Check your spam/junk folders. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Judging from this thread, the same message was showing many months ago, @LeonW:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Offers-and-Upgrades/td-p/2895268

Have you phoned in or used Chat to check what is going on?

Available from 9am on Monday:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Staff on the forum may pick this up a day or two later, which might be too late for you. There is a queue for attention from staff on the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes