cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

"My Account" Page functionality issues

zomby
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Can someone explain why the functionality of  "My Account" (https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/myservices/myservices/view) is so bad?

1: If you don't have "Unlimited UK Calls Boost", you can select it. However already have "Unlimited UK Call Boost",  you cannot unselect it or remove it via the via page. The  whole "Unlimited UK Calls Boost" option disappears.

2: On the the left side of the page, clicking on "Renew Contract" It goes to https://shop.talktalk.co.uk/customise/set-package/ and it gets stuck on "Retrieving your package details" perpetually. Last week when I checked it, it sent me to a "Page not found", maybe because I was out of contract last week.

3: On the left side again, clicking on "Introduce a Friend" takes you to https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/home/share-to-earn?
Which looks really inviting. Suggesting you and the person you refer can get £50 back. Then you read the small print at the bottom which states, "Offer ends 21st June 2012. "

Really ? 11 years since the page was updated. Wow!

I love TalkTalk, have been with you for 5+ years but it seems like the website is getting worse and worse.

Can someone look into these anomalies ?

Thanks,
MIchael

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thank you, it looks like your My Account is linking back the very old version , based on the menu display on the left, as a test, can you try a different browser.

zomby
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

I think you only see the page if you are already logged into your Account when you click the link. Here's a screenie though.

out-dated referral pageout-dated referral page

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi zomby

I will pass this feedback to the My Account team. 

Can you screenshot the refer a friend page please, the link you added doesn't show it to me. 

Thank you.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I noticed the link for MyAccount is changed recently.  If you're using an old bookmark then try this one: https://service.talktalk.co.uk/dashboard

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Yes, it seems to have got worse over the past year, @zomby, especially with the issue of removing the Anytime Calls boost  - people usually have to phone up  / use Chat to get it removed. 

You're right - years ago they did do refer a friend schemes - even linked themselves up with Nectar points.

Both long gone - the friend thing probably totally forgotten about, it is so long ago.... like much of the web, stuff keeps coming back up, including old phone numbers & opening hours for support. 

If in doubt search on the community forum - facts tend to be up to date on here.

For renewals you are best using Chat (or phone 03451 720088 after 9am Monday to Saturday). That way you can check that extras are not automatically added etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The issues you're facing or at least some of them have been around for several years. I reported the Introduce a Friend glitch in 2017 and again in 2018 so it's clear that there are still legacy pages dating back to 2012 that are still in the MyAccount system and getting presented to customers. 

Those pages should have been taken into an offline archive / been flushed out of the system in 2017 / 2018. It's clear that nothing has been done to take those 11 year old pages out of the production system.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution