cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

spurious £75 engineer charge

lemondrop
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

My phone was dead for a good month and I had more than one engineer visit to fix it. They ripped up the pavement and replaced a junction box and ran a new cable to the house in the end. I was compensated £60 - I had spent a similar amount on topup cards.

The internet was largely fine apart from a long weekend when they turned it off.

As part of their work, they put in a master socket for their convenience. my old main socket was just a plain old bt jack - nothing in it other than a selection of wires and the socket. It was working fine, but in any case this socket is wholly openreach's property, so none of my business.

On a follow-up visit with the phone still out and more internet problems, they were working outside again and drilling and working on their new master socket, that may well have had a secondary issue - they never said. it was not a faceplate issue as the phone would not work with the inner socket either.

It all works now, but now I have been hit with a £75 charge. The agreement was 'You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment.'

I have been.

Any ideas how this can resolved. I feel cheated.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

I have moved this to the Billing section for you, look out for a response from the support team when they are back online from Monday.