cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

2.4Ghz no longer working on Sagemcom CS 50001

Clampitts
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

2.4Ghz has stopped working on my Sagemcom CS 50001. Reading through the forum posts, I think WiFi optimisation needs to be turned off.  How can I get this done?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Clampitts
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Cheers, that worked.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

try a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

If this fails to set the Wi-Fi as active then a new router can be sent.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Clampitts
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

2.4Ghz was working fine until the weekend. I've logged onto the router and it's showing 2.4Ghz as Down (see screenshot attached). I can't find anything in the admin console on the router that will allow me to restart the 2.4Ghz service. We are new TalkTalk customers having been transferred to you from Shell via Octopus. Without 2.4Ghz working, I've got to fiddle around with an old device I have in order to get something my Sky Q box will connect to. I need this sorted, so any advice or support you can give would be great.

TIA

Screenshot 2024-08-22 094639.png
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

We cannot disable Wi-Fi optimisation.  Also, optimisation will not disable the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi.

Have you tried a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes