cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

2 bricked WiFi hubs?

jim6200
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Yesterday morning (Mon 25th) I woke to find my WiFi hub in a reboot loop. It would get as far as flashing red/white and then drop back to flashing red only. Leaving off for 20 mins didn't help.
I switched it for my 'old' wifi hub and it connected fine and I was able to work all day.
This morning I woke to find this WiFi hub doing the same thing!

Luckily I have an even older HG633 that has connected ok again.

Is this something to do with a firmware update to the wifi hubs that is rolling out overnight?

Jim....
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi jim6200

Thanks for your reply.

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way (this is not a HG633)

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jim6200
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

I'm happy to try a different hub. One of the resolutions to fix my issues was to replace the router, I was sent an identical Sagemcom Fast 5364 (That's why I had 2)
Maybe a Huawei hub would be less susceptible to the interference you are seeing
(As long as it's not the HG633, I've got one of those)

Jim....
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi jim6200

I will send you out another WIFI hub. Would you like me to send a Huawei hub? (there are no pending FW updates at the moment for this hub)

jim6200
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

I have been through these steps many times in the last year or two.
I have moved the powerline adapter further away from router. Moved the cordless phone base station further away. The printer that it is near is not switched on.
Originally the router was on a phone extension with a splitter but is now on a newly installed Master Socket 5C MK4 with a 20m cable to the router (The line has been tested by engineers as far as the router and they find no fault). I have run directly from the master socket.

I think the main issue here is that the wifi hubs no longer connect, can you see that there was a disconnection at the times both hubs were being upgraded?

Jim....
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi jim6200

Ok I can see re connections and regular interference has been detected.

Is the router located near to any devices that could cause any interference? Is the router at the test socket?

jim6200
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

The line has been tested quite a lot over the last year or two 🙂
On the last visit the engineer switched the line in the cabinet to attempt to solve my ongoing intermittent speed issues. My speeds have held steady now but as I say I get occasional disconnects throughout the day.

Please feel free to to test if you think it may help, although bear in mind it is an HG633 connected at this end now and not one of the wifi hubs

Jim....

Message 7 of 10

Hi jim6200

Would you like me to run some tests on the line?

jim6200
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

I have been having a lot of reconnections on my line over the last few weeks since the 5th or 6th visit from an OR engineer. Luckily the DLM hasn't been reducing the speed this time, so I've been putting up with it.

So maybe there was a reconnection while the update was in progress, but twice on consecutive nights?

Jim....
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi jim6200

Apologies for this.

The firmware shouldn't brick the router unless the router is switched off or rebooted during the FW update.

Was the router rebooted?

0 Likes