cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Annoyed at a charge for an openreach engineer

KWhit
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have been charged for an openreach engineer call out despite the fact that he made changes to the way our line worked (implying to me there was a fault) and it was not related to a condition in my property or garden, there were also no faulty wires/sockets at fault. I'm really annoyed to discover I've been charged for the engineer callout despite the fact I was told this would not happen. Is there a way I can get a report for what the engineer did (therefore proving I shouldn't be charged)?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi KWhit,

An adjustment has been applied, you can view this under the transaction history in My Account Your transaction history

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

KWhit
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

That's because I was previously in credit on my account

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Ahh I can see what's happened there was a credit placed in November.  I will sort it out

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Your latest bill is showing as £41.80, let me investigate further

0 Likes

KWhit
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Thanks Arne,

The charge is showing on my latest bill when I log into my account. It shows as due on 3rd December but was generated on 28th November

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi @KWhit

There are notes stating the charge will be waived.

Its still pending so when it shows on your bill, if you post back on this thread I will clear it. 

Sorry for any inconvenience  

0 Likes

KWhit
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Thanks, I've added those details.

I did speak to someone on the live chat on Monday (I think their name showed as Zazi) who confirmed they'd have the charge waived but my internet cut out so they ended the session without me being able to reply. I can't get onto the live chat any more to chase it up

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi @KWhit

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @KWhit,

The staff here will be able to look into this for you, generally if the Openreach engineer reports that no fault was found with the stuff they are responsible for, then Openreach will charge TalkTalk for the callout, and TalkTalk then pass a proportion of that charge on to the customer. However the staff here may well have access to the details of what the engineer reported, and that might help clarify things.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes