cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Apps on Talktalk cut out and buffer.

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have bought Netflix but it keeps buffering and stopping. Also my talktalk box tells me I have no internet connection, but sometimes I do. I was told by talktalk in a phone call that my router should be plugged into the talktalk box and that talktalk wasn't wifi. However, when I had my previous router I had no problem and it wasn't plugged in like that.  My router is devise DG8041W-2TS and on the back it says WIFI certified.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

You're Welcome 🙂

Connect the adapters when they arrive and let me know how it goes.

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Thank you so much for all your help!

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

They are quite old adapters, they have been discontinued and could be failing.  The PL light is the communication light between the 2 adaptors.  Red is bad.  It ideally should be green, if the speed between the 2 adapters is low it will usually go to amber, but red is a very poor communication speed.

I think we should get these replaced for you first and then take it from there.  I've a new set of adapters on the way to you and these should arrive in the next day or two.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

The ethernet cables are plugged into a white plug like thing which goes into the electric socket. They both have Trendnet TPC-406E written on the them and 3 things PWR PL and ETH. The PL one flashes  red intermittantly . That is all.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Dilcia

If the router and the TV box have ethernet cables going to the electrical sockets, these will connect into powerline adapters.

The most common ones look like the pic below.  Can you check if you have these devices in your plug sockets, and if any lights are on?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

I have taken pics of the back of the router and the box. The two have never been connected so how I got the internet connection I have no idea. I get it now but it only lasts for 30 mins max and then cuts out. I presume I must have a 10 metre cable to link the two so where are they plugged into? I took some pics but couldn't put them on here so can only hope you know what they look like. In the router I have broadband cable to landline, power cable to electric and 1 ethernet also plugged into the electric socket. The box has the power cable, the antenae and the antenae to the tv, HDMI to Tv and an ethernet direct to the electric socket. Help!!!!

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Dilcia

The TV Box has never been wireless, so should be connected to the router with a cable.  If your TV box has always been a distance from the router, you may have been using powerline adapters.  These are small adapters that plug into the electrical sockets near the router and TV box and will usually have one connected to the router with a cable and one connected to the TV box with  cable. Can you check if you have these please.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for reply. I am not very good with all this stuff! I had Netflix for December 2020 and it worked. The talktalk box was not connected to the router then so how come it worked? I have watched iplayer too. It's only been since I had this new router that I can't get it.  Because it worked before without being attached I got confused when it didn't anymore. The router is connected to the landline phone which is diagonally in the opposite side of the room! What kind of cable would I need to get. as it would need to be about 10 metres long to around the room and the doorframe? I joined nexflix on my laptop and used the info on the tv. Thanks for help.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

The box itself is not wifi enabled.

It needs to be connected to the router directly or via powerlines for the apps to work.

Can you access Iplayer or the TalkTalk store?

If so there is no reason for Netflix not to work, unless possibly, you have a DN370T box.

Try a soft reset of the box if Iplayer is accessible by holding the on off button until the box reboots.

Please let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes